Why do I have to enter PW every time reboot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xFiGGiE, Sep 30, 2012.

1. xFiGGiE macrumors member

Every time I reboot my iPhone 5 it asks me to enter my Apple ID password...any idea why? Thanks.

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

When does it ask for your password? When you try to download an app?

3. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

Well yes, but in this instance it is asking RIGHT when I unlock my iPhone 5 after a power off/on

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

That's very odd. Is it your apple ID password, or do you have a passcode lock on the phone?

5. AJAAY macrumors regular

This happened to me once, and hadn't happened again.

When I rebooted my phone, it asked for my Apple ID password, but I just hit cancel and nothing happened. I went into settings and saw that I was logged in, so I didn't know what that was all about.

I've rebooted plenty of times since then, and the dialog box has yet to pop up again.

6. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

I have had multiple issues (coming from a DROID X so I don't know how to troubleshoot things effectively on iOS)

But I constantly have to enter my Apple ID pw every reboot (and my password contains upper case letters/#'s so that isn't the issue)

My Facebook doesn't alert me at all my mail doesn't push so I decided to get GMAIL app instead which works fine (luckily i dont have work email) can't think of anything else oh and I just restored from a backup about an hour ago with no luck

7. AJAAY macrumors regular

When you first got the phone, did you restore from a back up or set up as new? Sometimes unexplained issues happen when restored from a back up.

8. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Screenshot your passcode page, it's under General and post it here:

[​IMG]

9. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

mine matches yours perfectly.

10. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

My girlfriend had this problem. It was due to having iTunes music from a secondary account sync'd to her phone. Removed that music and the prompt never returned.

11. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

Where do I check this? I tapped iTunes & App Store and it only shows 1 Apple ID...I've only ever had one Apple ID to begin with so not sure this is the issue o_O

12. KandyKane macrumors 6502

Did you restore from the cloud? Mine was asking for log in details for a couple of apps to download, and then took a week to download my camera roll.

13. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

When I first purchased iPhone 5 no, I set it up as new. Today when I restored...yes I did do from iCloud backup. I have like 8 pictures on my camera roll so I doubt it has anything to do with that. I just rebooted to confirm and it still asks me for my password after unlocking it.

14. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Do you have iTunes match? Mine does this too, and I have iTunes match.

I always assumed it was due to content streaming restrictions. That they had to authenticate you to make sure only you listens to your iTunes match music, not other people borrowing your device.

15. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

Nope. So frustrating! :mad:

16. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

I'm not sure. The second apple ID is stored in the metadata of the music tracks. The files keep track of what apple ID was used to purchase them. My girlfriend just happened to know what songs were causing the problem, as it was a single album.

I just looked in iTunes and I see there is no way to sort by apple ID. Sorry.

17. xFiGGiE thread starter macrumors member

I have new MB w/ Retina Display so I have like 8 songs all from Amazon from a free .mp3 store credit. Not the issue. Oh well whatever, I don't think anyone will have a solution. Thanks for the help!

18. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Why are you rebooting so much? I reboot my iPhone 5, zero times so far.

You can try going here: https://appleid.apple.com/

Update your password, and make sure you have the Security Questions filled in.