Why do I have to enter PW every time reboot

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Every time I reboot my iPhone 5 it asks me to enter my Apple ID password...any idea why? Thanks.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Well yes, but in this instance it is asking RIGHT when I unlock my iPhone 5 after a power off/on

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
This happened to me once, and hadn't happened again.

When I rebooted my phone, it asked for my Apple ID password, but I just hit cancel and nothing happened. I went into settings and saw that I was logged in, so I didn't know what that was all about.

I've rebooted plenty of times since then, and the dialog box has yet to pop up again.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
This happened to me once, and hadn't happened again.

When I rebooted my phone, it asked for my Apple ID password, but I just hit cancel and nothing happened. I went into settings and saw that I was logged in, so I didn't know what that was all about.

I've rebooted plenty of times since then, and the dialog box has yet to pop up again.
I have had multiple issues (coming from a DROID X so I don't know how to troubleshoot things effectively on iOS)

But I constantly have to enter my Apple ID pw every reboot (and my password contains upper case letters/#'s so that isn't the issue)

My Facebook doesn't alert me at all my mail doesn't push so I decided to get GMAIL app instead which works fine (luckily i dont have work email) can't think of anything else oh and I just restored from a backup about an hour ago with no luck

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
When you first got the phone, did you restore from a back up or set up as new? Sometimes unexplained issues happen when restored from a back up.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
My girlfriend had this problem. It was due to having iTunes music from a secondary account sync'd to her phone. Removed that music and the prompt never returned.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
My girlfriend had this problem. It was due to having iTunes music from a secondary account sync'd to her phone. Removed that music and the prompt never returned.
Where do I check this? I tapped iTunes & App Store and it only shows 1 Apple ID...I've only ever had one Apple ID to begin with so not sure this is the issue o_O

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
Did you restore from the cloud? Mine was asking for log in details for a couple of apps to download, and then took a week to download my camera roll.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Did you restore from the cloud? Mine was asking for log in details for a couple of apps to download, and then took a week to download my camera roll.
When I first purchased iPhone 5 no, I set it up as new. Today when I restored...yes I did do from iCloud backup. I have like 8 pictures on my camera roll so I doubt it has anything to do with that. I just rebooted to confirm and it still asks me for my password after unlocking it.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Do you have iTunes match? Mine does this too, and I have iTunes match.

I always assumed it was due to content streaming restrictions. That they had to authenticate you to make sure only you listens to your iTunes match music, not other people borrowing your device.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Do you have iTunes match? Mine does this too, and I have iTunes match.

I always assumed it was due to content streaming restrictions. That they had to authenticate you to make sure only you listens to your iTunes match music, not other people borrowing your device.
Nope. So frustrating! :mad:

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Where do I check this? I tapped iTunes & App Store and it only shows 1 Apple ID...I've only ever had one Apple ID to begin with so not sure this is the issue o_O
I'm not sure. The second apple ID is stored in the metadata of the music tracks. The files keep track of what apple ID was used to purchase them. My girlfriend just happened to know what songs were causing the problem, as it was a single album.

I just looked in iTunes and I see there is no way to sort by apple ID. Sorry.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
I'm not sure. The second apple ID is stored in the metadata of the music tracks. The files keep track of what apple ID was used to purchase them. My girlfriend just happened to know what songs were causing the problem, as it was a single album.

I just looked in iTunes and I see there is no way to sort by apple ID. Sorry.
I have new MB w/ Retina Display so I have like 8 songs all from Amazon from a free .mp3 store credit. Not the issue. Oh well whatever, I don't think anyone will have a solution. Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.