Why do some of you horde apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ozzyman500, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

So why do you still have apps that you don't use?

2. ap3604, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

People like to accumulate things. It reminds me of people having 1000 "friends" on facebook when they probably just talk to 50 of them at best ;)

3. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Incase you need them all of a sudden. My love for apps changes from day to day, it wouldn't be practical to delete and reinstall every time.

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I only have around 50 apps, none of them games. That's not a lot though and There's around a dozen on my iTunes Library that aren't on my phone. I spent about $50 on those, mostly games, but why get rid of something that's really not taking up space?

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Absolutely, and with free updates you never know if a diamond if the rough will appear. They don't take much space, so it's no different than carrying all your songs (even though you prob only listen to 10% of them)!

6. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

With the ability to create folders, there's really no reason to delete them. Like someone said, an update to an app could make it go from rarely used to being used everyday.

I have 4 weather apps and use them for different things. One for radar, one for current conditions, one for forecast, and another for severe alerts. Lol.

7. patp Guest

I keep the apps to a minimum on my iPhone. But the iPod touch and iPad I kinda went crazy.

They all seemed like a good idea at the time!

Sent from my iPod touch 4 using Tapatalk

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have 89 apps, 7 pages. They just gather up after a while.

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't know.
    Why do you keep songs that you don't use?

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I don't know.
    Why do you keep photos that you don't look at?

:confused:

12. stev3n macrumors 6502

For that time that someone says, "hey, do you have that app?"

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

My point exactly.

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Why do people horde physical things? The shrinks say it's because of some deep seated emotional issues. :rolleyes:

15. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

If I download an app and like it, I'll keep it. I have about 120 or so (organized in one page of folders). I have the space on my phone so it doesn't bother me a bit.

16. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

This talk has encouraged me to do some hoarding this evening. So far tonight, I've downloaded "AroundMe", WebMD, IMDb, and Open Table. I'm on a roll!

17. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Hoard? Define hoard. I have apps. I use them. Sometimes I forget I have a few. Is that hoarding? Sometimes I download something on a whim and then forget to explore it. Is that hoarding?

18. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Because hard drive space is cheap, and uninstalling an app from your phone is as easy as unchecking a checkbox.

Why wouldn't you horde apps?

19. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

If one pays for an app that is a few mbs in size, why not save it on the desktop in case you need it in the future... With the size of hard drives and the ability to back-up its not a big deal.

For myself I just entered into using the apps for an ipod as until January I have been running exclusively on a ipod that was pre "classic" and has served me well. Only got the new ipod to see how I would like the interface and the performance, before getting the Iphone this summer.

20. DroidRules macrumors 65816

21. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

What are some useful apps? I am new to the iPhone world.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or movies that you wont watch again:D

23. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Yikes. I have 121 apps on my iPhone. :eek: The thing is, I use almost all of them at least 2 or 3 times a week...except for the games. I have a ridiculous number of games on here. I think I have game ADD. Some of the games I haven't gotten around to playing yet! In my defense, I track the ones I know I eventually want to play until they go on sale or free. I buy them even if I am not planning on using them yet when they are heavily discounted. I figure I'll get around to them eventually...

I have mainly certain categories of apps: games, shopping, news/websurfing, music, and food related (including recipe apps, urbanspoon, etc).

Edit to add: now I am going to try to delete some... LOL