Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sergi0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
What's that slogan by Apple? "Think Different" I like to think different and Apple products allow me to do that.

I buy Apple products because I want them. They really fit my needs. Just like any brand, if it's good and works for me then I will buy it. When it comes to Apple products I've invested in a lot 3rd party software that it works best on Macs.

One thing that I've noticed is that there are a lot of people who just repeat what they've seen in a commercial. Those are the ones that buy stuff because it looks nice. Which is fine but they are the same one's who say you paid too much for a gadget. I don't see it that way. It's an investment. If I spend this kind of money on a product I want it to work and function well.

Is that really Apple's slogan? I don't think I have ever noticed Apple's slogan. I always thought the slogan was just "Apple" lol.
Yup, Apple is so cool, that its slogan is its name haha.

----------

I buy Apple products because I'm a brainless Apple zombie who accepts everything they say as gospel truth and would buy an actual brick for $1,000 if they carved an Apple logo into it.

At least, that's what I've been told here, so I guess it must be true.

As long as you're honest with yourself. That is all that matters. :)

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Exclusive Apps
Resale Value
Customer Service
Simplicity

Although, really, I've just been using an iPhone for too long now that it'll be an unnecessary hassle to switch everything to Android. :rolleyes:

makerleone

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
USA
Now a days apple becoming a luxury brad, there are so many brands that give better features than apple, but some things like after sells services is really good than other brands and the design and look of iPhones is classic and also it works really faster and easily than other devices.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Now a days apple becoming a luxury brad, there are so many brands that give better features than apple, but some things like after sells services is really good than other brands and the design and look of iPhones is classic and also it works really faster and easily than other devices.
Apple has been a luxury brand since way before they released the iPhone. :rolleyes:

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I agree with what you said about Apple products. I just can't help but disagree with your statement on Beats however. You're really just paying for the brand. The build quality on them is inferior to what you can find on a set of headphones a third of the price. Same for sound quality, I could never justify paying $300 for a set of headphones with at best, okay quality. This is something I'm hoping Apple will try and improve upon in the coming years.
^This. The problem isn't that Beats are expensive (in fact, ask any audiophile and $300 would be at the low end of the price spectrum for a good set of headphones). The problem is that they are expensive for what you get. Both audio and build quality are generally quite bad on most Beats (Studio and Solo lines).

I was really quite surprised when it was announced Apple would be acquiring Beats. On the one hand, both companies are similar in that they are very good at marketing their products to a wide audience. But Beats has none of the innovation and gravitas that made Apple the company it is today. I am very interested in what direction Apple will take Beats in in the future.

But in regards to why I buy Apple products (and iPhones in particular), the best way to sum it up is that Apple focuses on the big picture. Android phones are always touting their individual features, like larger screens or faster GPUs.

But at the end of the day, what matters for a device like smartphone that you use on a nearly constant basis is user experience. Apple has been constantly criticized for being "late to the game" or "playing catch-up" when it comes to implementing certain features (eg. cut-and-paste, 4G LTE, NFC, a display size on par with its competition). I don't see it that way. Apple didn't incorporate these features into their products because they weren't ready for prime time. When LTE came out, battery life was horrible for devices that had it. When NFC came out, very few devices had compatibility. An idea is no good if you botch the execution.

When it comes to software updates, it's always very cut and dry, and very predictable about what devices will get software updates, and which features each device will get. I would rather have Apple be straightforward about it than play guessing games with manufacturers and carriers of Android phones and then wait several months while someone else gets the update.

Build quality is also important. There are very few things people have on them at all times. This may be a wristwatch, a wallet, and of course a phone. There are definitely competitors to the iPhone that have build quality that is on par (eg. HTC One (M8), Sony Xperia Z3, et cetera), but you also have Samsung with its creaky plastic. I can see why that might appeal to some, but I like the reassuring heft of the iPhone.

hondaciv

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Apple is the least evil company of the three main choices, Apple, Google, and Microsoft.

hymas

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Pearland, TX
I'm not exactly into to name brand products, but with Apple, I make an exception. I love the iPhone, "it just works," and it's simply a beautiful piece of machinery. I also love their ecosystem and typically rent movies from iTunes. My next purchase will definitely be a MacBook Air, but being a new father and all, I have to put it off until later. :)

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
This is pretty much me entirely. Build quality of my note 3 is starting to upset me more too.

I'd probably define us as techies who just want to try out anything and everything new and cool. Whether that's Android, Apple, or whatever product... variety is always nice.

I also had the Note 3. Really enjoyed it at first because at least that fake leather back was an attempt other than their usual plastic. Interested to see how the Note 4's metal border will feel...

The HTC One M8 is a badass device. Even the biggest Apple loyalist will admit its hardware is pretty sexy.

For me, I just got bored of Android and wanted to go back to Apple... especially with the new flagship devices. I skipped out on the 5s because it wasn't that big of a jump over the 5 for me, so here I am on the 6+

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Is that really Apple's slogan? I don't think I have ever noticed Apple's slogan. I always thought the slogan was just "Apple" lol.
Yup, Apple is so cool, that its slogan is its name haha.

----------

As long as you're honest with yourself. That is all that matters. :)

Well it was one of them. Slogan. Ad or whatever it was called. lol So yeah. Some of my friends will buy a computer to get on the web or type a paper. I'm looking for a computer that will organize my photos, emails, work with other gadgets, do this and that..etc And it should allow me to do what I need and more. The same with the iOS devices. I could easily buy a Kindle, but it's has limits. I can't use it with my camera or phone. So that I need it to think different. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_different

Sergi0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I'd probably define us as techies who just want to try out anything and everything new and cool. Whether that's Android, Apple, or whatever product... variety is always nice.

I also had the Note 3. Really enjoyed it at first because at least that fake leather back was an attempt other than their usual plastic. Interested to see how the Note 4's metal border will feel...

The HTC One M8 is a badass device. Even the biggest Apple loyalist will admit its hardware is pretty sexy.

For me, I just got bored of Android and wanted to go back to Apple... especially with the new flagship devices. I skipped out on the 5s because it wasn't that big of a jump over the 5 for me, so here I am on the 6+

Ha that is super true. Hard Core iZombie, but damn HTC M8 looks mighty sexy. If only they had a fingerprint sensor and got rid of that awful bottom bezel.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I got my PowerBook because I wanted a PowerPC computer to use as my main machine. I like PowerPC Macs, especially the PowerBook line.

I only got my MBP because it was a good deal from a local small business and I needed something to occasionally run heavier Javascript filled websites that the PowerBook struggles with. I wasn't specifically looking for an Apple computer for this, but I do like the build quality and the design.

vncha

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
1. The environment - all of the products are made to work together, seamlessly
2. Ease of use - I work over 60 hours a week. There's no way in hell I'm going to deal with driver issues, blue screens, or viruses, I simply don't have the time for that bull-
3. An actually good looking OS - I mean, Win 8 just makes a joke of itself, nothing really to say here.
4. Build quality - Every Windows laptop focuses on being as humanly cheaply built as possible to the point where it feels like it's held together with duct tape and used gum. Go into a Best Buy and use one, you can feel the trackpad bend and push down if you touch it, when you type the whole frame clicks or pushes in, and the screens are all cheap, reject 1368x728 panels or whatever that crap resolution is from 1998.

Apple has everything I look for and I'm willing to pay for it.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Every now and then they release an absolute gem. It's happening rarer and rarer nowadays, but I still live in hope. The rest is overpriced junk.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Ease of Use, Ease of Use... did I say Ease of use?:D > I can set up and be out of the gate in a few minutes. I do not have to think about using my Apple products, I just enjoy using them.

Ecosystem

Apple Care (especially Sr. Advisors, they've come through a few times, even if it took a couple of months to replace my teal G3 iMac in 1999.)

When their products work, they work flawlessly. And when there is a hiccup (as with Mavericks and my 2010 iMac), it's not constant.

Design - Lovely.

I might not like where the company is heading but for the two products I use, I am glad to be an Apple user for almost 20 years.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I buy apple products because they fit a need.
Desktop computing - I love OS X, and the design of the laptops. I also run windows on my MBP but its a well built machine that I envision to be using several years after any comparable windows laptop could.

Mobile computing, I've used iPhones, Android and windows phones. I can say without hesitation, that iOS is the best product for my needs. The integration, between apple services, and my Mac make it a great choice.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Same as many others:

1. Quality
2. Service and warranty. Just take it to the Apple store.
3. Software is always updated.
4. Can't remember the last time I had Safari crash. Last Windows laptop I owned around 2007, IE explorer crashed more times then I could count, often times several per day.
5. Resale value. Last December, I sold my unlocked 16GB 4S for $350.

Tried to sell my at the time, 6 month old Nexus 4 and got offers lower than $100. Kept it rather then give it away at those offered prices.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I buy Apple products because they just work. I don't have to think about it, I don't have to work to load drivers to make them work, they just work. Even better, they last. My DD11 is still using the MacBook she got new in 2007. I love how everything meshes. MacBooks, Mac Pro, iPads, iPods, iPhones, Airport Extreme, Time Capsule, Apple TVs... They all just work.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
There are a number of reasons I buy Apple products.

My first product was the iPod classic, of myth, and legend, the discontinuation of which has been a source of deep regret to those of us who really liked this device. While I really liked (and continue to like) this product, what really turned me into what the marketing literature describes as a 'switcher' was the excellent customer service I received when the HDD on the classic died while the thing itself was still within warranty. It was replaced - upon production of a receipt - without a murmur.

So, customer service, and the fact that warranties are honoured. After that, other reasons for buying Apple have included: The excellent design - that wonderful fusion of form and function which I really admire.

Yet another is the very welcome lack of spam, and fact that one does not become inundated with viruses, trojans, malware, spyware and spam was another reason I became relatively enamoured of the Apple universe; I grew to loathe the fact that every time I opened my email account, I met a veritable tsunami of spam - and this was in spite of paying for the most robust anti-spyware/spam/virus apps available.

The integrated systems are very nice, and the MBA is an amazingly powerful and convenient portable computer for someone who travels a lot, but I am most impressed by the speed and reliability of my little Apples; they don't seize up, stall, crash, or freeze as was an almost daily occurrence when I used Windows.

In short, I use and like Apple products; however, I deeply distrust the adulation - almost cult like fervour - with which Mr Jobs - an extraordinarily gifted individual - seems to have been regarded on these threads and elsewhere. This is because cults - and the willing suspension of disbelief that seems to go hand in glove with them - evoke in me feelings of the greatest unease.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.