Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneShotos

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Comparing OS X to Windows, is like comparing a real Woman to a Transvestite! The System Architecture is well... different :eek:

No really, use a Mac so you can have free time to help all your PC friends with their Computer problems! ;)

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
They just work. No need to struggle with millions of problems like in Windows. Plug the cord, press the power button, enjoy!

I do the same thing with every Windows computer I have ever setup.

I like the Mac platform mainly for its applications. I got a Mac only because I wanted iMovie and iDVD and at the time, Windows had nothing similar that worked for me. So I got a Mac mini and that worked great, but now it's getting slower each day. I'd like either a 2.26 GHz mini or a 24'' iMac to replace it.

ag55

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Great suggestions, i agree with all of you (mostly) :)

But if you havent tried windows 7 yet give it a try, i've been on the RC for a few months and its been pretty damn good. No freezing or crashing, recognised all my devices and in a way, just worked like my mac.
:eek:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Well....

Well, to be honest I only like it for the software. The hardware though pretty leaves much to be desired in regards to performance and expandability and selection.

There are a bunch of little glitches that happen with my various Macs here and there that the Geniuses aren't able to solve, or are too small to bring to their attention.

If it wasn't for software like Final Cut Studio, iWork, iLife (iWeb mainly), Aperture, and others I'd be on PC running Vista or Windows 7 in heartbeat. Sadly, I think Apple is loosing the edge on software.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Time Machine is wonderful and so is Exposé. The hardware is rather lacking though.

It's tough to find aonther vendor with full blown FireWire too on a notebook.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
From a Laptop perspective the one reason for me is the Multi-Touch Trackpad. I get mad when I use any other laptop because it is horribly slow and annoying to navigate. Any implementation of a "Multi-Touch" trackpad in windows on windows hardware sucks compared to OS X. Hell even the Apple multi touch sucks in bootcamp on windows.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Short: Software (OS and other Mac apps)

Long:
I like the software but the hardware, well is not worth my (or parents) money. My hackintosh provides the best balance of price and OS choice. I am pretty much using my PowerBook as a server now. I do need more RAM for the HackBook but it takes 4 GB while my G4 takes 2. This Core 2 Duo Dell is so much faster than any G4 will ever be.

Windows XP is not that bad but there are some things that are not so efficient on them. For example getting to the desktop often involves ether minimizing lots of windows or going down to the taskbar and right clicking on it then selecting show desktop from that. On Mac you just push F11 which does the opposite on a PC. It makes the current window even bigger

calsci

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
i love my computer because my mac came with ilife and my hp came with trial junk.

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
i love macs because they seem to just work.. sure there are issues with software sometimes, but its easily sortable most of the time..

I love the hardware, looking pretty n nice lol :)

PTP

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
The beach ball is prettier than the hourglass :)

not to mention the smiley finder sat in the dock :)

I prefer to use a Mac because I'm able to use a computer without having to think about what I'm doing. When I use windows, I feel a little lost

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
They look pretty and have a cool Apple logo. I really like how the logo lights up on the MBP so people know your using a Mac from far away and you spent $1000+ on it, the ladies must think I'm really cool ;).

1ne

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Canada Oil Country
Great suggestions, i agree with all of you (mostly) :)

But if you havent tried windows 7 yet give it a try, i've been on the RC for a few months and its been pretty damn good. No freezing or crashing, recognised all my devices and in a way, just worked like my mac.
:eek:

Agreed. Windows 7 is by far the best OS windows had. I like it.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Built in raid and disk image support!!!

In windows, if you want to do a disk image you have to buy or find a program that will convert something to disk image, hope it works, then run it.

To mount a disk image you need to download daemon tools, install it, restart your computer, run it then oh wow! I have my disk image!

In mac, you insert a disk, drag and drop it to disk utility. Done.
Mount it? Double click it.

Don't get me started on the mess that is windows raid support!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.