Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
All i know is when i text someone new for the first time, and i see my text in a green bubble, i automatically think less of that person. Irrational i know. Can't help it though.

Is that a tongue in cheek sort of wind up? I hope it is lol. I prefer iMessage and iOS generally but never judge anybody on what messaging platform they prefer.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Exactly.
[doublepost=1536172961][/doublepost]

You're back to IOS because you agree with me. And that's ok.

Many forum posters probably some sort of interest in Apple products. Chances are the person has some interest in an Apple product or service.

kargurin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
I have Apple TV 4k, iPad and an Apple watch. And right now I'm sporting a Samsung S8 Plus and Gear S3. There is no best platform. Just boring ones if you don't experience the advantages of each. Competition creating great user experiences in both platforms.

Reactions: geoff5093

-C-

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2010
Indeed lol, there are people on here who feel the X is the only true best iPhone and if you don’t own it you’re somehow losing out! I remember a thread dedicated to ‘feeling sorry for iPhone 8 owners’.

However I’ve never encountered an ‘iPhone model snob’ in the real world? I think it’s perhaps a geek allegiance that only gets likes online. :)

I agree. And there are some amazing things you can do with Android indeed and these people who tear into [mostly] Android phones for smart projects deserve credit for taking it to another level. I don't think these are the ones being snobs though, they're too busy doing cool stuff.

Daisy Styles

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2018
S.F
Why do you think that? It's not just your comment, but there's a lot of calling iPhone users stupid. I need a new phone this year so I'm looking at all my options and I notice a lot of comments and videos calling out anyone who buys an iPhone an idiot, that there's something wrong with 'that type of person', but I don't see the vitriol going the other way towards individuals who use Android.
I don't think buying an iPhone is stupid, my suggestion is simply that iOS is much much easier and simpler than Android.
[doublepost=1536207831][/doublepost]
Or..

I will have my sanity back and I’ll be a much happier person.
Aha, that's what I mean!
[doublepost=1536208097][/doublepost]
In all these years I have yet to meet an iPhone user in day to day life who gets argumentative and mocks people using Android. I have unfortunately encountered several people who take offence at people using iPhones though. It’s a strange one to be honest and a kind of tech snobbery that I just laugh at. I am convinced it’s internet born as we often see it on MR.

The only other products I can relate it to is games consoles and car brands as they too seem to have fans who get unnecessarily worked up online etc.
Actually for me it's another way around, I work for a tech company and there are plenty of techsavvy around me, they always mock me for still using iPhone, and said they like the chinese brand Huawei, and suggested me to get one, a lot of them actually own both iPhone and an Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Enjoy your locked down O/S which you can't do near as much on.
This is another one of the common comments I see on MR but don’t really get. I do enjoy iOS but in 6 years have never struggled to do anything that I can’t do on it. I do exactly the same tasks I did when I had an Android phone? I often find this ‘locked down’ comment is a techie bragging right that can’t be explained.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Actually for me it's another way around, I work for a tech company and there are plenty of techsavvy around me, they always mock me for still using iPhone, and said they like the chinese brand Huawei, and suggested me to get one, a lot of them actually own both iPhone and an Android.
So it’s the same way around to what I said then...

Last edited by a moderator:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
1. Security.
2. Privacy.
3. Because I don't want Google in my life. (due to Google being the antithesis of 1 and 2)

Edit: to add context to number 3.

I agree. Google will use every single bit of your information to sell to the highest bidder. Just having Google on your iPhone opens you up to all kinds of data mining, even if you try to stop it. Given a choice between Apple and Google, I will pick Apple. Android, the last time I used it was a mess!

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
While you typicaly can do more with Android devices as a whole, the "locked down OS" comments in regards to iOS are ignorant. People who say such things fail to realize most folks aren't trying to do whatever their definition of "more" is with their phone. And I'd guess 99.9% of iOS users are happy with what the OS provides them, and rightfully so.

I am currently a Note user, and there are tons of things here and there that I can't do with my iPhone X, but I'd never consider iOS crippled as that comment insinuates.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
While you typicaly can do more with Android devices as a whole, the "locked down OS" comments in regards to iOS are ignorant. People who say such things fail to realize most folks aren't trying to do whatever their definition of "more" is with their phone. And I'd guess 99.9% of iOS users are happy with what the OS provides them, and rightfully so.

I'm am currently a Note user, and there are tons of things here and there that I can't do with my iPhone X, but I'd never consider iOS crippled as that comment insinuates.
This path of what phone can do what has been traveled in these forums. It generally boils down to different ways to accomplish things.

Reactions: Cryates

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I don’t, really.

However, I’m used to it and I have a lot of paid apps. Combine that with an iMac, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro and there’s too much inertia to change barring some catastrophic change to the ecosystem.

Reactions: rui no onna

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD

I'm am currently a Note user, and there are tons of things here and there that I can't do with my iPhone X, but I'd never consider iOS crippled as that comment insinuates.

A TONS of things you can’t do on iOS?? Seriously...??

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
A TONS of things you can’t do on iOS?? Seriously...??
Yes, and with the Note specifically, most certainly. Expandable storage, headphone jack, s-pen with all of its small but neat tricks, several small (and useful) software additions. All things that are useful to me specifically. No reason to troll as if what I said was invalid.

My use case and what I want out of a device, isn't necessarily what everyone else wants, and I feel like I acknowledged that. I know that Android (and more specifically this Note) gives me more than what I can get from iOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesrick80

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Google doesn't sell your info...

Yup, if you've ever used Android to it's full potential, you'd realize how many limitations iOS has.

I’ve used Android for over 6 years.
[doublepost=1536266000][/doublepost]
Yes, and with the Note specifically, most certainly. Expandable storage, headphone jack, s-pen with all of its small but neat tricks, several small (and useful) software additions. All things that are useful to me specifically. No reason to troll as if what I said was invalid.

My use case and what I want out of a device, isn't necessarily what everyone else wants, and I feel like I acknowledged that. I know that Android (and more specifically this Note) gives me more than what I can get from iOS.

You named things that are not Android related, but hardware that is available on your Note.

You trolled your self there sport.

Next time don’t exaggerate with TONS OF THINGS, makes you look foolish.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I’ve used Android for over 6 years.
[doublepost=1536266000][/doublepost]

You named things that are not Android related, but hardware that is available on your Note.

You trolled your self there sport.

Next time don’t exaggerate with TONS OF THINGS, makes you look foolish.
This was my exact quote.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.