Why does Macrumors doesn't have a decent Facebookpage?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Muro, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

For what ? Why replicating a forum in FB ? Then we could close MR and move all over. No thanks.
    Plus MR has a "dislike" button for single postings ... ;)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why does MacRumors need a facebook page? Articles are posted here, why would we need a FB account to read them? Forums are here and running fine, no need for FB. MR isn't going to post pics outside of the articles. MR probably doesn't care how many Fans or Friends it has, it's clear from their unique pageviews. I'm not sure I see the benefit of MR having a FB page.

4. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

OK folks I see your point, it was just a question...don't kill me for that. I'm quite new here but now I know what you folks think on this issue and will respect that.

This thread can be dumped gently in Wasteland.;-)

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Because Facebook blows. It going the way of Friendster and MySpace can't happen soon enough.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Oh, yes, amen to that; your post gives rise to something akin to heartfelt agreement from this scribe......

OP, seriously, I doubt that MR members feel that they need a FB page; as it is, we actually like accessing MR, and above all, the forums, contributing, offering advice, concurring with those whose view of the world accords with ours, disagreeing and debating with those who differ from us, learning stuff, trading - um - insults, occasionally, and generally availing of a rather impressive platform which allows us to vent, learn and contribute something occasionally useful and valuable as citizens of the virtual community.

7. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Actually, there's a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MacRumors. But it's basically just a bot reposting all the news articles there so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

and I even forgot that i "liked" it ... not often using FB anyway ...

9. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

You think so? even after it became this monstersize-like gathering of individuals.

To be honest I also like to see a socialmedia site where connections are based on more content instead of on how many "friends" you have. In the beginning you had a lot of creative people hanging around who posted contentfull topics but now in Holland, where you have also Hyves, who is running empty, the majority of those people are invading Facebook with their brainless comments and bourgeousy life.

I have some thoughts about my own socialmedia site(who doesn't) where things are quit more based on content and creativity instead of shallow crap talk and only numbers. Am working on it.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There is no need for MR to have a Facebook page.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The higher you go the harder you fall.

Like Google+ ?

You're right about it not happening soon enough.

I was at Target the other day with a friend of mine who wanted to get pictures developed from the photo kiosk and I was rather shocked to find that it asked her to put in a:
    • SD card
    • USB thumb drive
    • Photo CD

We are now able to log into Facebook and print pictures directly from our profiles (I was creeped out by that, and no I don't have a Facebook).

12. Muro, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

No not like google+, it's not only a social community believe me it's unique but hard to establish and the probability is quite high it will not succed but you never know. I just keep trying.

13. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

As someone mentioned, we have a facebook page, but it's mostly for news and facebook discussion.

http://facebook.com/MacRumors

Do you want us to be more interactive on it?

arn

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, let the new guy write the posts. ;)

15. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

rdowns, I told you, I will friend you. Just because you have 3 facebook friends does not mean it sucks. :D:p

But seriously, facebook deserves whatever it gets for it's new chat system.

16. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

17. 808? macrumors 6502a

18. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Facebook can get even creepier ... you need to loosen up some of your 150 privacy settings a bit.

19. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool...I'm up for it, I love to write anyhow. Love to see and learn how your writers do this.

20. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

That's not reallllly what he was suggesting :p