Why doesn't Apple do iMac adverts like they do for iPads and iPhones

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zombierunner, Dec 29, 2012.

1. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

Why doesn't Apple do iMac adverts like they do for iPads and iPhones. They have adverts for MacBook Pro so why not iMac ?

2. BigJohno macrumors 65816

They don't care unfortunately. I hate the stuff they are doing now for advertising. Remember the cool imac ads of the the early 2000's

3. Hexley macrumors 6502a

Consumers are more interested in buying mobile devices than desktops. This is an industry-wide trend.

When was the last time you saw a Mac mini or Mac Pro ad?

4. TheLonelyIsland macrumors member

TheLonelyIsland

I think they should. In fact, they should make an ad for all of their Mac lineup. The new iMacs and Retina MBPs are unlike anything on the market, and they should put out at least one ad to sort of brag and rightfully so.

5. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Really? Granted the genius ads were missing the mark but Apple has always had lemons in advertising. I personally think the new iPad Mini ad is so simple, using zero spoken language, and perfectly conveys it's purpose: It's an iPad, does exactly everything a normal size ipad does, but smaller, showing the new design.

6. biggd macrumors 6502

biggd

There are rMBP ad's

But yes, new iMac ads would be swell

7. pubjoe macrumors 6502

They figured out a strategy in the early 2000s. Advertising sells the ipod - Selling the ipod sells the mac.

8. Bowcaps macrumors member

Looking at their 3-4 week plus delivery timescales I don't think their supply is out weighing the demand yet, so why spend money on advertising when your sales are beating your ability to build and supply.

Sounds like good business sense to me - not to advertise that is. :)