Why drunk people should not drive...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Plymouthbreezer, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I have seen this same case four times in the past two weeks: drunk person thinks they are in control, drunk person goes too fast, drunk person skids, drunk person's car hits solid object. Solid object wins.

[​IMG]

This is on the other side of my street, opposite my house. We heard it, but by the time we got out there, it was abandon. Turns out, this guy got himself stuck in the same car last week (thus the mud) in my neighbor's yard. Guess he was doing the same thing, going too fast on the turn, but this time he hit the guardrail.

In a separate incident a few nights ago, I came across a Chevy Impala that took a fast turn and hit a stone wall. Drunk guy, couldn't even stand up... I stoped to offer help, since police were not yet there. Seeing he was so drunk, I told him to call a tow and left. I took the place and called the police.

Just a this past weekend, a guy, drunk, hit a pedestrian in front of my work. Will people ever learn?

But yeah. Case in point, drunks need to get off the road.

2. ~David macrumors regular

~David

I don't even think this is worthy of debate... anyone who says drunks should be allowed to dive has serious mental issues.

3. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Of course. I wasn't looking for a debate. Just venting my frustration! :mad:

4. jng macrumors 65816

jng

not living in MA anymore, but I swear it seemed to happen like all the time in the metro Boston area that so and so drove drunk and hit something and every now and then someone.... :(

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

6. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

drunk drivers kill..
    I was hit by a drunk driver very lucky to be alive ..

7. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

My friend got hit by a drunk driver not to long ago. The drunk driver came out of their lane into oncoming traffic, and collided head on into my friends Yukon XL 2500. The Dad broke his knee cap, the mom had extensive bruising all over her body, and luckily my friend was generally unscathed except for a few bruises and taking a week off from school to help her parents.

The Drunk Driver died in that incident. Usually they are the ones that survive, and the innocent don't.

A family friend of ours, actually the VP of Gulf Oil's son, was driving home from a party and his drunk friend was driving. He didn't realize he was drunk until they had started moving and his friend refused to stop. In the end the car hit a brick wall. Had a driver not stopped and pulled them out of the car they both would have burned to death. The drunk driver suffered a broken arm. The person we know lost 1/2 of his calf muscle and now has a malformed leg. He had to go in and have debris "pressure washed" out of his leg for weeks. It was an absolute tragedy.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey now... drunks should be allowed to dive off anything they want.

But getting behind the wheel of a car drunk -- that's a different story. There's a local high school girl in the hospital right now who was gravely injured when a drunk rammed the back of a car she was riding in the back of. It's a crying shame...

9. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

When I lived in Chicago once I heard a terrible crash outside my apartment. A drunk driver was treating my street like a pinball game, smashing back and forth between parked cars on both sides of the street. Must have totaled at least 15 cars in about 30 seconds. I don't know if he ever got caught.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

One of my school friends brothers was killed by a drunk driver. My dad was hit by a drunk driver too but them 807's are built pretty tough. Head on collision on the moors and only the left door/some of the bonnet needed replacing.

A shame idiots do this.

Oh, and a friend of mine did this once. He's a total arse and I think of him less for doing it. He said that it was quite easy, a police car was beside him at some traffic lights and they didn't suspect. Just about the only thing he remembers on that car ride. Scary huh.

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Don't hate me for saying this but I found this little part quite funny. I know drunk driving and automobile accidents are no laughing matter, I just found this funny.:eek:

12. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

And that's why I don't defend them, and lobby for stiffer penalties for repeat offenders.

13. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Hahahah!

You think thats what drunk driving does? (well of course you do, but i needed a way to elaborate my laughter)

Look at these and see what an outcome can really be

WARING EXTREME GORE, and i mean extreme. ONLY CLICK if you have a strong stomach. These are REAL people:(

Link

Its just awful:mad:

14. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

This thread is offensive. I have family members that are drunk-drivers. Be mindful of others before you post.

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Be mindful of the people who have died by drunk drivers, and the drunk drivers that have killed themselves.

I know drunk drivers as well, and I have no sympathy. Putting innocent people's lives in danger in inexcusable.

My great great great grand father killed my other great great great grand father over money if I remember correctly. Should I feel offended when people criticize murders and tell them that its rude to talk about how bad murdering is because I have a family member that killed someone.

16. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I think it's a joke..

17. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

if so, a joke in bad taste. and not really funny. :(

18. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Not a joke at all. Had the guy driving (the guy whose car is pictured) been two feet further away from that guardrail, he would have ended up in body of water... Probably killing himself due to the conditions: 10 degrees out and a drop of over 8 feet from road level to the water's surface. :eek:

19. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Used to get drunk drivers down the street I live on all the time, until the bar at the end of the street finally closed. Haven't had a single incident since then. My parent's house faces a 3-way intersection, and the worst damage done was a drunk that came through the intersection, slammed into my brother's car as well as my Mom's, and then sped away. My brother's car ended up inside the garage and came within 5 feet of going through the wall between the garage and my bedroom. The only thing that stopped it, was all the crap piled in the garage that got caught beneath it. My mom's car was a Nissan Pathfinder, and it got knocked about 4 feet to the right of where it had been. It's believed the drunk was driving some type of Oldsmobile or Cadillac.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

American's
    Don't
    Get
    Sarcasm.

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's too bad, but I just thought about how lucky they are to not have been driving a 1994 Hyundai Excel or an equally small, unsafe car. I'm not saying that small cars are unsafe, but they used to be a lot more unsafe than they are now.

Lost half his calf muscle? Damn. I can't imagine doing that to a friend. Doing something stupid to myself is forgivable, but I'd never forgive myself for harming someone else.

Saw all the photos. I thought the first set of photos was "cool." The idiot drove into a massive lorry and his insides came out, making him look like a sack of skin with no insides........a puppet.

22. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

People wouldn't be doing this if everyone had to ride bicycles. They'd fall over before they hit the road. But yea drunk driving is retarded.

23. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Not to say that drunk driving isn't bad, but how can you be sure that these accidents were drunk-driving related? (Especially since you said the driver had completely abandoned the car in the first one).
    Snow+high velocity+turn = accidents whether you're drunk or not.
    fast moving car + stone wall (solid object won of course) = one hell of a dazed driver especially if he hit his head and had a concussion or other head injury.

If I know one thing, it's that the majority of people are awful drivers, and awful weather makes it even more appearant.

24. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Just ignorant :p