Why has Apple gone for the Android look?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jul 4, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Like I say I switched to Android and hate it..makes me realise why Apple has went for this?

*Let me start things like NFC are tucked away in menus and no wonder nobody uses it as it's hardly visible.

*The extra mega pixels don't produce more than a 8mp Iphone 5 quality wise.

*The Thin clock also in IOS7 takes a few glances rather than once like IOS6.

*And why does Android need anti viruses programmes on it?

*Apps on Android take forever.

*Why has Apple almost 100% copied google chrome with the window tabs in Safari?

*And the whites in Windows phone ect.. and IOS7 are too bright on the eye.

*The control centre isn't really needed. In Android like I say it's over complicated and makes the OS clunky and awkward to use.

What is your worst thing about Android? I'm sure we could all pick loads but for the consumer you are FORCED android almost as there's only Windows/Blackberry taking a tiny market share.

There's tech geeks who love Android and the eco system of it ect.. but over all people buy an HTC as it looks good or a Sony as it looks good not because of Android. Many people I know who use Android phones moan about the slowness of it..crashes and apps taking forever to download.

So the big question why did Apple not yes update IOS make it fresh but in a more discreet way than take all what's horrendous in Android and take it over to IOS7?

Steve Jobs said Android copied Apple. Apple have copied Android clearly somebody in Apple now rates Android software quite high?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why do you keep starting new threads? All 3 could just be posts in another topic.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

My apologies I just want a discussion on specific Android functions copied over to IOS7. Looking for input from current Android users here too.

4. vannibombonato macrumors 6502

I think you forgot to mention that the icons are too bright.

5. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Its not a copy of android. Android is a copy of iOS which is a copy of symbian which is a copy off windows, which is a copy of Mac os. So no apple didn't copy android.

6. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Android copied Apples grid icons but the notifications and multi tasking all came on Android first.

7. Northernist macrumors member

"Picasso had a saying: he said good artists copy, great artists steal. And we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas"
    -Steve Jobs

8. robpow macrumors regular

robpow

9. falconeight Guest

falconeight

No they didn't invent the notification center.

10. TennisandMusic

You don't actually think that way, right?

Anyway to the OP, what version of Android are you using? My Nexus 4 is awesome. I like the iPad (though not with iOS 7, it's really bad) quite a bit but the iPhone is trounced by Android at this point IMO. Just curious which one you are using, doesn't match my experience at all.

11. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Its the truth.

12. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Let's keep it simple: People copy each other. There's really not much more to it than that. So yes, Apple copied Google a lot (and vice versa), that's just how it is.

Look at any other industry, when one company comes up with an idea they'll patent the hell out of it while competitors steal what they can. Simples.

13. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I believe they all copy each other to an extent, but they add their own personal touch.

14. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jelly bean 4.2? It's an Xperia phone if that's any help.

15. irDigital0l Guest

Yes, but there's no doubt Apple looked at what Google did and basically implemented it for iOS.

16. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Win 6.5 had it.

17. Sh4wN macrumors regular

Seriously man, this is your third thread or something whining about iOS 7 and Android. You've got issues.

18. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

On top of all the st**** remarks you made, you made this two, I think you have the wrong forum.

19. irDigital0l Guest

Like I said, there shouldn't be a doubt that Apple looked at how Google successfully implemented it in Android and applied it to iOS.

Sure Google wasn't the first, but they made it correct similar to how Apple introduced the iPhone and iPad.

20. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Both OS's can make calls, texts, read email, browse the internet, play music, take photos, view calendars, set alarms, tell the weather, download apps and more.

Guess they both copied the hell out of each other.

21. irDigital0l Guest

We were referring to specifically Google's and Apple's implementation of notifications by sliding down.

Anyways, in iOS 7, Apple is continuing to be influenced by Google, particulary features like 'notifications sync' and a 'today's report'.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/13/ios-7...e-functionality-into-the-notification-center/

22. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Agreed, the OP should just abandon all mobile platforms since none of them are to his liking. Just stick with laptops.

23. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Or IOS6? :cool:

24. falconeight Guest

falconeight

google didn't invent anything. Its just a copy of apple and microsoft.

25. N e e k macrumors 6502

How does iOS 7 look like Android? If you put an Android device next to an iOS 7 device, would someone get the two confused? Doubtful.