Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
im sure we would all like to know how you got one for free and one for 200.

so.....?

Insurance replacements i'd guess.

On another note-

Having a Desktop/Laptop combo is all down to convenience. I used to be one of those that thought having two computers was ridiculous an a waste of money but then i got an iMac/MacBook combo.

I initially got the iMac but then as a student i soon realized i needed a portable workhorse so i got the blackbook.

The iMac is obviously the main machine and does all the heavy lifting (Aperture/FCE/HD video stuff) and stores all my media/docs/files etc. It even backs up the BlackBook

The blackbook is for school computing (essays/presentations and couch computing). Syncing both machines isn't all that much of a headache since i keep only school related files on the laptop and simply backup to the imac when i get home via wi-fi. Works like a charm

The question is why not just get a MBP/Display hookup combo. I did but disconnecting/reconnecting cables got old quick and lugging around a 15" notebook isn't the easiest thing to do. Plus the macbook pro (high-end with RAM and decent HDD space/speed and display) cost almost the same as a macbook/imac.

So i sold my MBP+Display and got an iMac/Macbook and i'm happy

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
1 20" iMac
1 17" MBP

1 24" screen for MBP
Gigabit ethernet
Airport Extreme with gigabit and Wireless N
1 headless PowerMac in basement for storage and backup

You can run something processor intensive on one and play games on the other. etc.

Main files resides on MBP.

melissarae

macrumors regular
May 2, 2008
tampa, florida
we have an iMac/MB combo... basically just "his" and "hers"... i have the iMac and he has the MB.

but ever since we got the MB, i've been itching to get one for myself ;o) and especially now that i've read this thread lol.

:apple: are so addicting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.