General Why I'll be sticking with iOS 7.1 jail broken than iOS 8

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theapplefanboyj, Jun 24, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

1) it's just been jailbreaked (iOS 7.1) so I don't have to worry about waiting for an iOS 8 jailbreak.
    2) iOS 8 may be laggy on older devices, like I have.
    3) bite SMS already has the functions I want of iOS8's messaging and more
    4) I don't want to turn my iPad or iPod into a phone, thank you very much.

Why will you be upgrading to iOS 8, or staying at 7?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!!!

1. I've been jailbroken on iOS 6.1 since February 2013
    2. I hate the color scheme of iOS 7.
    3. biteSMS already has the functions I want/use
    4. I don't feel like upgrading/jailbreaking again just to get back to where I am right now with tweaks.

Glad you're jailbroken on iOS 7 and plan to stay there. I'm staying jailbroken on iOS 6.1. Welcome to the club. :D

3. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Always JB > stock

Glad to be on 7.1.1 this time, not a 7.1 beta with evasi0n7.

Not going to bother trying iOS 8 beta even though window is currently open for both and a modified form of PanGu works with iOS 8 betas (thus far).

Glad though, crafty devs should have backup devices to test their tweaks out to maybe save some time into making it compatible when iOS 8 jb inevitably comes out as well. But maybe not, given its early in iOS 8 development cycle only being on beta 2.

4. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wish I stayed on iOS 7 on my iPod Touch :'(

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

You can downgrade as iOS 7 is still signed and will be for the summer. Just put it in DFU mode (hold home button+sleep button until screen powers off then continue holding home button while plugged in and hit restore)

6. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i was going to update all my devices to iOS 7.1.1, and jailbreak but i figured i will stay where i am, because my devices work decently for the most part, so i'll stay where i am.

7. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

It's too much of a hassle for me to upgrade from 7.0.4 iPhone 5, it's working perfectly and having to backup/restore Cydia stuff will be a pain. Any speed improvements for the iphone 5 running on 7.1.1?

8. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

9. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Huge speed improvements. My iPhone 5 feels like a 5S. It doesn't lag anymore with the slightest animation and switching between apps is a breeze. Highly recommend updating.

10. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Also interested in this answer, as I'm in the exact same scenario. 7.0.4 jailbroken. Was considering the upgrade to 7.1.1 and then re-jailbreaking, but wondering if it's worth the effort? Also part of the developer program, so can install iOS8 Beta 2, but not sure if I want to go there yet either. Decisions, decisions....

*EDIT*
    Looks like it was answered as I was typing my question. Thanks Paradoxally.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

I will always prefer JB > Stock. Heck, everytime I get a Android device, the first thing I do is root it. I don't like software limitations on devices I've spent my money on.

12. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

This is what the lazy side of me didn't wanna read.

I guess i'm gonna pull the trigger and do it.

13. romiebleed macrumors member

:) Damn i'm going 7.1.1

I'm also on 7.0.4 and if this is an huge improvement, then am moving to 7.1.1 too. :apple:

14. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Famous last words.
    You will be on 7.1.1 jailbreak within the week.

:)

(It's just too easy not too!)

15. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

What killer feature are you all getting from JB these days?

16. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

17. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I agree, it's pleasant to use a clean them vs stock (I'm on Laguna).
    I also like using iCleanerPro as it allows my iPhone to run at its peak performance.

Other small tweaks (like CustomCover, and HideMe7- although not updated yet) enhance my user experience.

18. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

This is me to:D. Updated this morning.

As far as ios8, Its never a question because I upgrade to the new phone so I have no choice. If I didn't upgrade the phone itself, I'd like to say I'd stick with my jb, but I'd probably end up upgrading to ios8. I like new things to play with:D.

19. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

Minor tweaks and themes just don't seem worth the hassle.

20. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

For me, it's little QoL improvements. Notification icons in the status bar, better notification center, things like Auxo and Adblock, etc etc. Nothing game changing, but lots of little things that make it worth it.

----------

What hassle?

It's running a program and clicking a couple buttons.

21. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

What hassle?
    I sincerely ask. Not being argumentative, genuinely want to know what you perceive to be the hassle of jailbreaking your iPhone.

22. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

This jailbreak in particular raised too many eyebrows because it embraces app piracy, also it's coming from China (Personally i have no problem with that), also some people tend to think that their phones take a performance hit and battery drain the minute it's jailbroken, i've explained endlessly to family and friends how this works and they still don't get it.

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

f.lux.

----------

The only thing new about this was the China aspect this time around and the fighting amongst the major jailbreakers.

Piracy and battery drain have been issues floating around jailbreaking for a long time before Evasi0n 7.

24. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Im currently Jailbroken on 7.0.6 on the iPhone 5S and switching to 7.1.1 would be a hassle because I have to re-download everything that i have on my phone. Everything is set up exactly the way I want it and redoing everything will be too much of a hassle.

25. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

While I don't have an A6 or A7 device, I do have two A5 devices (iPad mini and iPhone 4S). Therefore, I can say if any of you with these devices (as well as iPad 2) are running 7.0.x jailbroken, RESTORE AND REJAILBREAK. The speed and stability improvements alone in 7.1.1 is worth the hassle, I guarantee it.