why is crap like this posted to the front page?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by squeeks, Aug 6, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/04/leaked-aluminum-macbook-case/

those photos are so fake its sad...

i know everyone is interested in a new MB case...but honestly, its pretty easy to see the "macbook" has major compression artifacts around it a tell tale sign its faked

and the one looks like its half a case with the apple kinda just stuck on it

2. TomsMacBook macrumors 6502

Because it's relevent to interests, of course. People want to know rumors, speculations, and general news. But hey, it may or may not be fake, you certainly don't know yet. Also, have you noticed the name of the forum? "MacRumors". Yeah, that has something to do with it.

But yes, stop complaining. if you don't like the threads, don't look in them.

3. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Just get over to the Community Discussion forums. Forget this boring 'what-are-girls-anyway-I-prefer-computers' crap. ;)

4. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Start your Mac rumor website then if you don't like the content instead of demanding the proprietor to change their behavior to accommodate you.

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I know this thread is kinda old but...

Because it's been shown time and time again that all the so-called Photoshop experts that crop up are frequently wrong.

I don't know if the images are real, but they did come from the same source which also posted the MacBook Pro images, which AppleInsider has confirmed from their own sources. As a result, these images have more going for them than most.

arn

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Yea no kidding, Rumors are just that, they may be true and they may not be true...Rumors

7. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Not that arn needs to justify why he posts things on the front page...

But as other people have said, these photos are a point of interest regardless of whether or not they are photoshopped. This is a rumors site.