Why is iTunes so slow on PCs (Win XP)?

Resist

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Not slow on my PC with Windows XP Pro. Maybe it's your computer that is slow. What is slow is my willingness to spend $1.29 per song. Where the heck are all the $.69 songs Apple popped off about?

Comment

surgedc5

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
how much memory are you running with xp? my lil bro has his this old dell laptop with xp and runs 1gb of memory (1.5ghz :eek: lol)with no probelms at all, responds fast to itunes. only times it goes a lil slow is when he syncs his ipod but that it

Comment

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
itunes is a bloated piece of crap. its slow on macs too. don't worry about it. or use a better media player (re: any other one)

Comment

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
Why is iTunes so slow on PCs (Win XP)?
Is it? Be a bit more specific. What exactly is slow? What do you do, how long does it take, how long do you expect it to take?

If you don't reply, I'll assume you are trolling.

Comment

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
iTunes Store is slow as Hell tonight

Once again I can't blame it on Apple. Fan-boys unite and attack me. That's okay.

Comment

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
It's not "our internet", its Itunes. I cant even login or purchase anything tonight

Comment

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Not slow on my PC with Windows XP Pro. Maybe it's your computer that is slow. What is slow is my willingness to spend $1.29 per song. Where the heck are all the $.69 songs Apple popped off about?
Well I did have 2 threads on why iTunes is slow on Win XP.

My initial thread was regarding the interface itself, but tonight it's with the store. I am trying to buy a song and it just times out--no buy.

fyi: I have 3 gigs of RAM on the XP machine. I love Macs and and saving for a future iMac, but iTunes is slow for me.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's working fine from here. If it were iTunes, it would affect everyone.

Comment

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
I switched to Macs about 3 months ago, and in the past few years of
using iTunes on Windows, it is a bit slower than its counterpart on
OSX. Mainly in the program starting up, and what the guy above said about
synching. Kind of like how Safari loads faster than Firefox on here, is how
iTunes compares to some of the other media playing programs on Windows.

During usage though I never really saw a difference. Snappy, fast etc.
I used Windows Media Player mostly though because it was quicker, and I liked it better. Now on OSX, I like iTunes better.

Comment

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
iTunes has no control over your internet connection speed.
You don't know anything about iTunes. Apple has different servers and just becasue you have good service from the store, does not mean that we all do.

Currently in Arizona, iTunes is slow and not working right. I have been an apple user since the IIC and know what I am talking about.

If you want to help others out, keep an open mind and don't be so quick to jude.

I did contact Apple, and they confirmed that they are experiencing some technical issues. They hope to have it up and running soon.

Comment

jlasoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
I'm in Orlando - my gf's pissed off :eek: - she wants to watch her movie.

I did contact Apple, and they confirmed that they are experiencing some technical issues. They hope to have it up and running soon.
I've spoken with Apple as well and they are definitely having issues. Comments made by the previous poster serve no purpose other than to provoke. It's not worth your time and effort.

Glad to hear that you've confirmed my findings.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.