Why is my rep so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
We have rep points now? Is that like street cred?

Why don't I have any?

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
vniow said:
I don't know what I've done recently to get such a low reputation. If I pissed anyone off I'm sorry. :( I'll do whatever I can to make up for it.
I think the lower is better, considering MJ has a rep of only 2.4

XNine

macrumors 68040
vniow said:
I don't know what I've done recently to get such a low reputation. If I pissed anyone off I'm sorry. :( I'll do whatever I can to make up for it.
There's a rep now? Jesus, I should be banned by now jsut from the Nintendo gang in the games forum. :eek:

I'll get them for you, vniow! I'll get them good!

Jschultz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2005
Chicago, IL
vniow said:

I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to steal quarters from little old ladies on the street to up your street cred and restore your rep.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Onizuka said:
Looking through the forums, it's only Demi-Gods/Godesses and Gods that have this. Perhaps a pilot program for a new feature? Bah! Googleymoo@that.
There's a bunch of 601s and up that have them too, jew's got one and he's not a demi.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
imacintel said:
I think the lower is better, considering MJ has a rep of only 2.4
Yikes! Then what does that mean for me? Sure, my sense of humor is questionable and I don't shower every day, but how would that apply here?

I try to be reasonably helpful, I think. I even merge my own posts! Perhaps I'll start doing some things differently and see if it alters the rep at all.

yellow said:
I'm being discriminated against because I'm yellow! :mad:
No, you're being discriminated against because you're yellow, not because of your coloring. Besides, I don't think we've even determined if low is a bad thing.

Although it seems pretty apparent the score is between 1 and 10. Or maybe 0 and 10, but I haven't seen any below 1. And none greater than 10. Wonder if it has something to do with the Forum Spy stuff - and they're just testing a new feature.

Perhaps now that the discussion is in here we'll here from a mod. :confused:

L

Lau

Kingsly said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think it makes perfect sense that lower is worse, based on MJ and a few others.

You people with low scores are just jealous anyways. DEAL WITH IT. Its a website, for christ's sake!!!

Pff.
That's hardly fair. And you would say that, anyway because yours is really high.

I'm a bit pissed off to be honest. It seems a really unfair way of working them out, whatever it is. I don't think I'm that bad. :(

XNine

macrumors 68040
I posted this in the Site Suggestion section:

Tis a demi-game for sure.... I can sense it. I was once one of them. It's like having your arm cut off and thinking it's still there. Like that time in Korea. Yes, very much like this.

Plus, the REP is part of the avatar. Go ahead, try opening the image in a new tab. IT's okay, it won't bite. Instead, it shows that it's part of the image, which means it's not adjustable without an image program.

I love myself.

L

Lau

Onizuka said:
Plus, the REP is part of the avatar. Go ahead, try opening the image in a new tab. IT's okay, it won't bite. Instead, it shows that it's part of the image, which means it's not adjustable without an image program.
Yeah, we know. But if I reupload my avatar blank it has the reputation on it when it's loaded. Silent Panda was the first to point it out. I'll try and find the link, it's in one of the threads about it. Apparently it can be done with the forum software. :confused:

Edit: The post is here.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
What ticks me off is that it shrinks the 'tar to fit it in. I don't know why they couldn't just add in a text field or something. :confused:

Onizuka said:
I posted this in the Site Suggestion section:
Perhaps if they'd hurry up and give you a rep score we'd have a better idea if low was good or bad... :rolleyes:

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
so, you have to HAVE rep in order to give it? or be a "money-member"?

most websites, everyone has a chance to give or receive it.

its a little persnickety here

L

Lau

Kingsly said:
Talk to the hand.
I know you're messing around, but I think there's going to be problems with this if it goes ahead as a feature. People with high reputations are just going to think they can do whatever they like. It's not going to make for a very fair system if you ask me.

Edit: Thanks tobefirst, it's nice of you to say. :) It feels bad to have a low reputation. :(

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
~Shard~ said:
Evidently your reputation isn't based on using proper grammar. :rolleyes:
Or being nice. :mad: :D

Maybe it's percentage of time you use it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.