Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I am really wondering about these reputations and how they are computed.

Mine just went from a 7.1 to a 1.7.

Was this a drop or increase in my reputation? Or maybe an original typo since the numbers are reversed?

If this was the former, it must be some kind of record for a change. The others that I've seen change have only changed by a point or dot point or two. Mine moved a whole 5.4 points! Arg!

What's going on? :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I've just been thinking (and it didn't hurt). From what I've gathered, the inbuilt reputation system in vBulletin is already in use behind the scenes by the moderators. Maybe that's why our 'tars are being messed with rather than a cleaner system through the forum software. Perhaps that's why only some people have the reputations.

I dunno. :confused:

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
sushi said:
I am really wondering about these reputations and how they are computed.

Mine just went from a 7.1 to a 1.7.

Was this a drop or increase in my reputation? Or maybe an original typo since the numbers are reversed?

If this was the former, it must be some kind of record for a change. The others that I've seen change have only changed by a point or dot point or two. Mine moved a whole 5.4 points! Arg!

What's going on? :confused:

Maybe you've posted too much in the Moron in MBP threads?

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
bartelby said:
Ah, you should stay nice and neutral like me!:D
True. Yours is middle of the road.

What I am wondering, is did I improve or get worse. Is a low rating like MJ's good or is a high one like ~shards~'s good?

Still confused! :confused: :confused:

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Well I certainly hope to get the worst possible rep there is! That way people can smell the troll coming before even reading my post! :D

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
sushi said:
True. Yours is middle of the road.

What I am wondering, is did I improve or get worse. Is a low rating like MJ's good or is a high one like ~shards~'s good?

Still confused! :confused: :confused:

In your situation you should think it improved, to think your rep got lower may be depressing!!!;)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I for one don't like my reputation, it cropped my animated avatar! :( I uploaded my avatar again thinking it would fix the problem but, it didn't! :confused: Well on the bright side I guess my number is in the high end. I still would like to know what these all mean...hopefully the higher number is better and this isn't some odd numbering scheme.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, since you asked nicely. I uploaded it elsewhere and then, rather than upload my 'tar from my Desktop, I uploaded it from my webspace. I guess someone could still modify it but they might have trouble since its metadata uses a known PhotoShop corruption. Of course, they could be intuitive and use a different app or even take a screen shot and modify it from there, but I'm just guessing they won't bother, whoever they might be...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Abstract said:
The only people who think that 0 is the best and 10 is the worst are the people who are in denial about getting a low rep. :p

(sucka!)
Ouch! -- you may be right.

I may have dropped over 5 points, but at least I am in good company with MJ! :D

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
I've never been banned, but I'm holding out for a negative rep! Whoo hoo! :D

(If anything, this thread reminds me that I need to donate to MR, something that I've been meaning to do for sometime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.