Why my iphone show this message >>

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jul 9, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

hi all , i have this issue want to share all iphone user

today when i talking video call in my iphone using skype during drive
    and outside around 82 degree F , not so long my iphone pop up message

[ iphone device need to cool down then continue using ] so i have to shut it down my iphone is kinda hot then later turn on is normal , apple need to make good battery for iphone 4

does anyone have same issue iphone 4 like i ?

thanks

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. 88Keys macrumors regular

88Keys

You win!

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Answering the thread title, your iPhone showed the message since it heated up and needed to cool down for safety.

5. mamon343 macrumors member

mamon343

it got really hot in the car and your iphone heated up

6. blesio macrumors regular

And because it was probably warm in your car... Or even if not did you have your phone somewhere near the front windshield? If the sun was shining on the phone it gets hot really fast as the iPhone is black.
    If you have a white iPhone nothin comes to my mind except that skype uses a lot of processing power so the phone gets really hot.

7. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

It happens. Doing things that are processor heavy if you're in a warm environment tend to make this happen. It happens to me when I try to use my iPhone for Navigon with a windshield mount in the summer.

8. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

all is correct

i put my phone holding around windshield because i dont have a dashboard holder i just put by my design standing it

so , if i purchase dashboard holder for iphone hanging during drive will it starting hot like that ?

thanks

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Black colored items get really hot when out in direct sunlight.
    Is it that hard to figure out what the message is and why?

10. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

When I use my iPhone as a sat nav I have a vent blowing on the back just to try and keep the phone cool, sat nav app, charging and sunlight really heat things up!

11. jeejeebu macrumors regular

12. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

I've had that happen before...usually in the hot car...just turn it off for a little while and it should be fine.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Even if you were the first person to make fun of iphonetoday, it still wouldn't be funny. If you look at their 208 posts you'll see that most of them are international topics. I noticed that two of your five posts are to make fun of people. So... I'm making a huge assumption about iphonetoday but I ask you to submit samples of your second or third written language and we'll get a grammar score from a national. And I'm willing to concede that being in the UK you may have good multiple language skills that you haven't demonstrated, but if you do then you understand the effort to master a written language.

14. Mahshall macrumors member

While outside in the winter in NH, I've had my iPhone 4 tell me it was "too hot and needed to cool down" when it was -20 F outside.

The iPhone senses temperatures and displays a "too hot" message when it exceeds set temperatures.

15. DanteMann macrumors 6502

This is one of the downfalls of using metal and glass. But nobody here will tell you that as they all praise the build of the iphone. So many negatives to using glass and metal, when it comes to small portable devices that are getting used more and more intensively. Then you add the external elements and your asking for trouble. Metal is overkill for devices that people don't keep for more than 3-5 yrs max.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

My iPhone 4 has become burning hot, especially outside in the sun but I've actually never seen the message pop up!

17. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

yours must be a super cool iphone 4 ....... lol