Why no color debate this time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blorzoga, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I ordered a space gray 6 and, like when the 5 came out, I'm having second thoughts about the color. I did the same thing with the 5 and actually exchanged for a white one the next day because I was worried about scratches showing through the slate. This time I just decided I was tired of white so I went for gray. I think I'll probably mosey on over to the apple store tomorrow and make my mind up before I even open mine. That way if I decide to switch, I can just return an unopened space gray one that someone else can buy rather than have it be taken as a return to be refurbished. Hopefully I'll stick with the gray so I don't have to get up early sat am and pray for stock.

Anyone else undecided about the color? I just think the white might have that nice ceramic tile look with the rounded edges that you won't get with the black. I'll see tomorrow. Hopefully my choice will be obvious. I know...first world problems, I get it.

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

The slate gray one is the only one that holds any attraction to me at all (I also prefer a black face over white). So easy choice for me and no regrets. The gold is ugly IMO, and the silver is OK but still a more ugly space gray.

On a side note, what the heck is "Space" Gray supposed to be anyway? There is no gray in space!

3. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Black isn't truly black this time. It's a gray. However, the white looks good to me, too. The Gold looks tacky, so I think it's back to business as usual with the two colors.

4. davefromca macrumors 6502

racist.....

5. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I like both silver and space grey. I got silver for the iPhone 5 and am getting space grey this time to switch it up.

6. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I got slate iphone 5, always wanted a white phone ever since so silver for me this time

7. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I've had black ever since the first iphone. I almost got white on my five, but went with black and have regretted it ever since. Then again, the white 5 and 5s design were prob the best phones in white ever, especially with chamfered edges.

So, this time I got silver to match my iPad air... Very happy with my choice.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because we have the size to fight about this time. We can't fight about size AND color. We don't have that big of attention spans.

9. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Nobody is upset that this isn't a debate this year.

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Perhaps all the previous debaters were Scottish and they've had more important things to debate this year.

11. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Why no color debate this time?

lol, so true

12. bisnicks macrumors regular

After having used my Black/slate iPhone 5 the past couple of years and seeing the silver metal underneath where the black chipped off, I decided to go with silver to avoid this issue. A new color also makes it feel that much newer too!

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

There was no question for me. I knew that I wanted the gold. It just looks awesome.

14. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

I think the space grey and silver ones are sexy as hell...dont care which one I get

15. M87 macrumors 65816

Gold is the only color available. If you order Space Gray or Silver you will receive an empty box with a handwritten note from Jony Ive inside informing you of your unworthiness in owning an Apple product.

16. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Because people are focusing on much more mature and important things this year...

... ripping each other apart on screen size to justify the one they bought ;)

17. n0d3 macrumors regular

Consumers are used to displays which are too "cool" anyway, they aren't colour accurate. I calibrated my screen using a Datacolor Colour Munki and while it's not "cool", the colours are definitely accurate and the screen a tad warmer than I'm used to.

18. grizzy macrumors member

Because for some reason people who bought the 6 act like anyone who bought the 6+ karate chopped them in the throat. Baffling that someone would have so much anger over what type of phone people they'll never meet bought.

19. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

If milk was only distributed in 3 colors, gray, black and gold.. People would eventually keep buying it.

20. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Just wait...

Just wait. Tomorrow will start the endless "MY IPHONE 6 PLUS HAS A YELLOW TINT" threads. Threads will go to 20 pages with people comparing screenshots from iPhone 6's bragging about how theirs isn't. It will make the iPad Air versus iPad Mini retina debate seem tame by comparison.

People will call things cool that are hot and hot cool like we've all collectively lost our minds on what words mean. People will be discussing dead pixels like they're Hope Diamonds.

Some guy will already be on his sixth returned iPhone 6 Plus by 4PM and will be making outrageous hyperbolic comments about Steve Jobs and how he's switching to a Windows Phone.

Launch day is the best day of all days. It's why I'm a forum member. ;)

21. Cyberius11 macrumors regular

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We did have some debate like why do most people not like gold this time but it's overshadowed by the 6 vs. 6+ pissing contest.

23. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

There's no color debate because we already did that with the 5c and 5s! Lol!