why not amazon mp3s?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iOrlando, Aug 15, 2008.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

If amazon sells DRM free..why would someone continue to buy DRM songs from itunes?? If they are the same price and all??

2. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

I agree with you. I've been buying quite a few of my songs from Amazon rather than iTunes lately.

If anyone from Apple is listening here, I'll mention that I buy from Apple when they have extra "Apple-only" incentives, like extra (bonus) tracks or free movies included with an album purchase on a pre-order. Those are the things I love to see from Apple!

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I'd say the convenience of purchasing, organizing and syncing thru iTunes. Amazon is a good alternative for DRM free songs

4. telf22 macrumors regular

amazon doesnt have lots of the music itunes does that i want. ie. ep's

5. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

The day iTunes goes DRM-Free with higher bit-rate AAC is the day I look forward too and the day iTunes will reign supreme (as if it already hasn't).

6. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I buy from both Amazon and iTunes! I dont buy singles or pre releases from Amazon though! I love the complete my Album and the discount I get!:D

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's easier and I just don't like Amazon just yet, the features of buying there are good, but the conveniences still don't beat iTunes. You could buy from there, and load into iTunes I guess. As someone already said, preleases and singles. Amazon doesn't have iTunes' vast pool of music selection.

8. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

I'm hooked on Amazon's cheap albums of the day/week, and it's not so trouble at all to transfer songs from Amazon into your iTunes library - it does it as soon as the downloader finishes.

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I buy Amazon in most cases since it's almost always cheaper than Apple's iTunes Plus. I refuse to buy anything DRM. It works flawlessly for me, I have no complaints.

10. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I've been trying to look around amazon but it's just confusing to find songs. Maybe I'm not used to it. Plus I like the ability to go to a store and pick up an iTunes gift card instead of having to use my credit card.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've known about Amazon since they've been selling MP3s but I still prefer the iTunes store for many reasons:

Convenience

Quality - I know I can get a refund quickly if there is a defect. I got my $99 the day the Complete Led Zeppelin was released because the gapless playback wouldn't work on the first few albums

Availability
    Everything I am interested in, iTunes has it. A very recent example is U2 Live In Paris. Itunes has it, Amazon doesn't. I bought it a few days ago in iTunes. Amazon loses the sale.