Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I keep noticing the huge amount of iPhone 5 leakage. I know I have seen a couple cases leak out of the iPad mini, it nothing like the iPhone 5. I would assume if they are to be shown on the same day,mthere would be more leaks of it as well?
Unless I missed a lot of iPad mini news, there are way more iPhone 5 leaks..:confused:

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
Most of the leaks come from China where the iPhone is manufactured. The new iPad is likely being manufactured in Brazil, where we have I only had a few leaks.

The iPhone world in China also has close ties to case makers, counterfeiters, and parts vendors. That's where a lot of the leaks originate.

angelp66

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
I really don't think Apple should do an iPad mini, but based on all the rumors, there will be one.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I remember the old rumors, but i remember seeing something about a big news paper confirming the iPad mini, like they have confirmed everything else.

It does seem strange that there aren't more leaks, because the iPad 2 had a crazy amount of leakage.

LoraoTX

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
I believe that the reason as to why we don't see an iPad mini is because Apple was only willing to spend so much in making fake iPhones. It would have been too much of a hassle to fool us with even more leaked parts lol ;)

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
WSJ, who are basically Apple's PR mouthpiece when it comes to confirming rumors, confirmed it. I'm fairly confident it's coming. Especially after other well-sourced people have jumped on it: Dalrymple, Gruber, etc. Bloomberg, Reuters and co are also on board.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
WSJ, who are basically Apple's PR mouthpiece when it comes to confirming rumors, confirmed it. I'm fairly confident it's coming. Especially after other well-sourced people have jumped on it: Dalrymple, Gruber, etc. Bloomberg, Reuters and co are also on board.

^----THIS!

Also, most sources are indicating that the iPad Mini isn't due out until October, and most of the iPhone 5 leaks are from supply-chain manufacturing, so one could assume that the iPad mini just isn't as far along especially since the iPhone is allegedly debuting in a few weeks and the iPad won't until October-ish.

Last edited:

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
^----THIS!

Also, most sources are indicating that the iPad Mini isn't due out until October, and most of the iPhone leaks are from supply-chain manufacturing, so one could assume that the iPad mini just isn't as far along especially since the new iPhone is allegedly debuting in a few weeks and the iPad won't until October-ish.

True. I forgot it isn't coming out at the same time. That might be the issue with that.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe due to the large number of iPhones that are sold there are more sub-contractors part of the chain, so the more people are exposed to these parts, the more likely to see a leak.
Also, probably more accessory manufacturers have an interest in the iPhone thus doing more digging around.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I don't understand why people think, if it is real, that it will be announced in October. When has Apple ever held a big product announcement event the month after another big event? Why would they do that? This is Apple, they will just wait to unveil the iPad Mini at the next iPad event in March or April of 2013, right alongside the iPad (4th generation).

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
Is there any possibility that the iPad mini in question could have a slightly bigger screen than rumored?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Also, aren't completely new Apple products generally not leaked as much as updates to existing ones? Eg the only real iPad 'leak' was the photo a couple of hours before the event.

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I don't understand why people think, if it is real, that it will be announced in October. When has Apple ever held a big product announcement event the month after another big event? Why would they do that? This is Apple, they will just wait to unveil the iPad Mini at the next iPad event in March or April of 2013, right alongside the iPad (4th generation).

Yeah, great idea, so the Nexus 7 and soon to be launched Kindle Fire 2 can take all the Christmas sales.

It will be out well before Xmas 2012 so that there are no shortages leading up to the 25th Dec.

----------

how many years has the Apple TV rumor been around? 2 or 3?

One. Since Walter Isaacson's book launched.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Yeah, great idea, so the Nexus 7 and soon to be launched Kindle Fire 2 can take all the Christmas sales.

It will be out well before Xmas 2012 so that there are no shortages leading up to the 25th Dec.

Come back after christmas, when there still is no iPad Mini. :)

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I agree. We go through this every year and it has yet to come to fruition.

It's not every year the WSJ and people like Dalrymple pretty much confirm it.

Why can't people see that they are controlled leaks by Apple so customers hold off buying the Nexus 7. Notice when the WSJ had the store? Just after the Nexus 7 was gathering steam and old reviews.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Is there any possibility that the iPad mini in question could have a slightly bigger screen than rumored?

I think it's doubtful. It would be too close to the 10" (9.7) iPad.

----------

So you think you have better information than AllThingsD and basically all the major tech news sites? ok.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I agree. We go through this every year and it has yet to come to fruition.

And how many times have the WSJ, TheLoop, and DaringFireball confirmed the existence of an iPad Mini again?

Ok, can do! Thread bookmarked.

It's not every year the WSJ and people like Dalrymple pretty much confirm it.

Why can't people see that they are controlled leaks by Apple so customers hold off buying the Nexus 7. Notice when the WSJ had the store? Just after the Nexus 7 was gathering steam and old reviews.

This is precisely what I was going to say. Too much smoke, conveniently leaked smoke at that, for there not to be fire.

:apple::apple::apple:

P.S. My 500th post!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.