Why the heck isnt the iphone 3GS in the ATT Premier Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 106539, Jun 9, 2009.

1. 106539 macrumors newbie

This is really starting to piss me off. Apple wont let me pre order one because they say im a business user and so i go to att and their normal wireless site has it but the premier site doesnt?!

2. guru_ck macrumors 6502

I have a FAN on my account and am also having the same issue.

3. saDeRmac macrumors regular

I might take a few days for it to show up in Premier because the majority of our customers are regular consumers. They want to make sure the back ends are stable before they push out the phone all the way. Sometimes it can also depend on the profile of the company. If you want to get ahead try and pre-order it at a Corp store, but make sure if its a Corp Responsible line that you can actually do it.

4. 106539 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hate how att screws us business users

5. flapperdink macrumors member

I have the same issue. I get a discount through my employer and the ATT premier store doesn't allow me to buy the new 3G S...unfortunately i'm also about two hours away from the nearest Apple store so online is my only option to get it on the launch date....augh.

6. Wolffie macrumors regular

Wolffie

Because you're special and are able to buy a 16GB #g iPhone for $149.

I know, I know. I am patiently waiting.
    I think I'll wait until October still cause the upgrade in price for 3G service is still a jump. 4 months no bog deal.

7. saDeRmac macrumors regular

hah I work for AT&T and we still have to use Premier for even ordering accessories for our discount. I know it sucks but I wasn't able to order my iPhone 3G until a month after it was released. They even told us if they saw is with one it was grounds for termination. I know how you feel plus more... lol
    I will be up soon. I would try to Direct Fulfill through an AT&T store as most higher discounted fans are not in Apple's jurisdiction.

As always PM me with specific questions as I can be more detailed.

8. TheShocker macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, but I'm a new customer switching from T-Mobile. I am eligible for a Premier discount through my University. I really don't care about a discount on the initial purchase (although that would be pretty nice). I'm more interested in the monthly service plan discount.

What's the best way to go about picking up the new iPhone 3GS under a Premier-discounted service plan? Apple site? ATT site? In person...?

Thanks

edit: saDeRmac, I can't PM you, perhaps because I'm a n00b. Maybe you could try PMing me back in regards to my question? Would be very much appreciated, thanks!

9. Impatient macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I pre-ordered my iPhone from apple.com and when I get it i'll just walk into an At&t store and add the discount to my plan as well as have the activation fee waived. I'm moving over from Verizon.

10. yakkonvazn macrumors member

the premier store has been down for a couple hours. so i'm guessing they're updating for 3gs.

11. saDeRmac macrumors regular

IN PERSON is always the best alternative. You have a person in front of you to explain everything to you about your phone, plan, and additional features such as the FAN discount. The rep can add the FAN number to your account at point of sale, but you need to provide an ID from the university or they would be able to show you how to verify through e-mail.

12. dukefan macrumors member

13. yakkonvazn macrumors member

i get an error when i try to load the page. link?

14. yakkonvazn macrumors member

everytime i log on att and select upgrade, it won't load the page, which is the premier page. do you have the link?

15. phaggard macrumors regular

I have a premier discount working for the Navy and I upgraded via apple.com. During the process it asked if the phone would be used for business use. I said no. Just because you have a premier discount doesn't mean that you use the phone for business.

16. Hieu macrumors member

17. yakkonvazn macrumors member

i see it. safari wouldn't open the page. firefox did!

18. TheShocker macrumors member

Sweet! The 3G S is now showing up in my Premier page now, also. They must have just updated. I'm going to order through the Premier site. Thanks for the help everyone!

19. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

It's not in my Premier store... only the 3G and the 2G.

20. bjquach macrumors 6502

Don't worry. They'll probably have it updated soon, at least before next Friday.

21. snatefinch macrumors member

A banner shows up on my premier page but it does not show up as a choice for me to buy on my premier. I am getting a whole new family plan with my friend. How does it work if I want to pre order my iPhone and he is not getting an iPhone. Can I preorder mine and order his as well and pick up mine and his at the same time on Friday? I live in Rochester NY what do you think are the odds that I wont get one if I do not pre order, I cant see there being a huge rush for them here.

22. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I was told they were in the process of updating the store web site today. But who knows.

23. saDeRmac macrumors regular

Go into a store and have them help you out they can give you the best solution. PM me if you have any questions.

24. capn00 macrumors newbie

Mine was showing the 3GS about two hours ago, but now it is gone again...

:confused:

25. yakkonvazn macrumors member

try using different web browsers. I completed my order through premier. everything was smooth sailing. other than the fact that I had to pay $55 in tax for the 16 gigger!!!!!