Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
My new 5c showed 126 hours of talk time on it after I initially set it up. I restored the back up from my previous 5, and then updated all my apps.

After about a week, I decided to take a peek at the usage even though it really didn't bother me. Just curiosity. It was at 26 mins which is about right since I rarely make or receive phone calls.

My guess is that data is collected from your carriers network and stored in he sim and it takes some time to update on a new device.

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
It's like a new car, there's always a few miles on it even from the dealership :rolleyes:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's like a new car, there's always a few miles on it even from the dealership :rolleyes:
So someone had to make a ton of calls to get the phone to the Apple store so that it can be sold. Yeah...totally just like a new car... :rolleyes:

(And, by the way, most people would like for their new car to be given to them with very low mileage on it, even if some would be acceptable. 20 hours of talk time on a new phone is probably more along the lines of a few hundred miles, if not slightly more, on a new car, and most would actually not like that or consider it all that "new" unless they perhaps specifically got the car from somewhere far away and knew it would be driven to them.)

Last edited:

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I wonder if anyone else has noticed anything like this? I might expect an hour or two testing, but 20 seems like a lot. Maybe they are run through testing via machine? That would explain a lot.

But were there contacts on the phone? pictures? any other indications that someone might have used it?

No contacts, pictures, or any other signs of use.

----------

So someone had to make a ton if a calls to get the phone to the Apple store so that it can be sold. Yeah...totally just like a new car... :rolleyes:

(And, by the way, most people would like for their new car to be given to them with very low mileage on it, even if some would be acceptable. 20 hours of talk time on a new phone is probably more along the lines of a few hundred miles, if not slightly more, on a new car, and most would actually not like that or consider it all that "new" unless they perhaps specifically got the car from somewhere far away and knew it would be driven to them.)

I couldn't have said this better.

----------

Why are you asking if the phone was jailbroken?

Contract manufacturers don't jailbreak phones to test them. The OP claims the box was factory sealed.

Yes. It was shrink wrapped the retail box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.