Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Is it because it's the new color and you want to distinguish your new phone from the previous one?
Is it because you really like gold?
Is it because it's flashier than space gray or silver?

I kinda regret not having chosen gold now since everyone seems to be getting that color even though I don't like gold that much.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
It’s not very gold if we’re being honest. I think it looks great, but when I hear GOLD I think gaudy men’s wedding rings from the 80s and 90s. This is like a gold hybrid type of color. I personally don’t care about color because I use a case that isn’t see through. The only time color matters is on a phone like the 8+ where space gray meant black bezels.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Is it because it's the new color and you want to distinguish your new phone from the previous one?
Is it because you really like gold?
Is it because it's flashier than space gray or silver?

I kinda regret not having chosen gold now since everyone seems to be getting that color even though I don't like gold that much.

I dont think anybody with an iPhone max would need to distinguish because of the new color.

I can only speak for myself, but I got the gold Xs max because I liked it better over the white ss.

Had Apple chosen to include a shade of white similar to the one found on the iPhone 8plus or one with a silver chromatic back, I would have gotten one of those over the gold.

I love space grey on the iPhone X and X’s as well.

Op, if you think you made a bad decision, there is still time to get it exchanged, you have another week to mull it over

Reactions: vito

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I had a silver X and before that a space grey 7 Plus. I just wanted something different and I’m happy with it, have gotten compliments on it too.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
IMO, while I’m not a fan of gold, Apple has done a good job with this color on the Xs. Quite different than past models, and therefore has a greater cross gender appeal. :apple:
[doublepost=1538136709][/doublepost]
Better reception with gold coating.

I see what you’re trying to do there........;)

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
I regretted not getting a gold 8+ (I loved that iteration of gold), so I made sure I got the gold this time though I preferred the 8+ version.

Had they had a product red version available, I would have gotten that!

Reactions: DiamonDecoden

DiamonDecoden

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Texas
I love rose gold which is more pink color.

This year's gold is more bronze gold. I wish it was rose gold like the iPhone 8. Basically I got it because it was the closest thing to rose gold but it's not.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I kinda regret not having chosen gold now since everyone seems to be getting that color even though I don't like gold that much
My goodness. Is this for real? Because it seems like you're either very young or just mocking iPhone users.

If by chance it's the former, make your own decisions & stick by them fcol.

You don't like the colour, but regret buying the colour you got, because others are liking the colour you don't like.

Yep, it's another iPhone mock-thread on MacRumours....

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I went for gold. Not because I want to show off that I have the latest iPhone, but because it just matches so well with the saddle brown leather case, which I always use for my phones.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
While this gold Xs is better than the previous gold with the white front panel phones. I’ve had enough gold iphones before, I’ve gotten the urge outta my system. Plus it’s looking a little too pink. Pass.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
My goodness. Is this for real? Because it seems like you're either very young or just mocking iPhone users.

I am just genuinely interested in knowing what made so many people choose gold this year over the other available colors. Apple also seems committed to promoting this color over the others this year, just watch the promotional videos. I just like to follow trends. Had I known beforehand that gold would be this popular I would've definitely gotten it instead of silver even though I prefer it over gold. It's not a matter of being young or not, it's just the way I am.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
The gold model this year looks great. I went with SG like I normally do, but love the color on my wife's phone. Of course it is in a case so it doesn't matter.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
The colour speaks for itself doesn't it? it's simply the best followed by the pearl\white\silver i had on the X
It’s a lovely colour. I had the silver X last time so wanted something different and I don’t like black.
[doublepost=1538148933][/doublepost]
I am just genuinely interested in knowing what made so many people choose gold this year over the other available colors. Apple also seems committed to promoting this color over the others this year, just watch the promotional videos. I just like to follow trends. Had I known beforehand that gold would be this popular I would've definitely gotten it instead of silver even though I prefer it over gold. It's not a matter of being young or not, it's just the way I am.
Where I am I don’t think the gold is anymore sold out than any of the other colours.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.