Wi-fi connectivity/reception on new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OCgal, Mar 21, 2012.

1. OCgal macrumors newbie

OCgal

Anyone having problems on wi-fi connectivity on the new iPad? I have read it is a known issue. iPad 2 and new iPad compared on wi-fi connectivity side by side on the same wi-fi network and iPad 2 had 3 bars, new iPad barely has 1.

2. Djentleman macrumors regular

Djentleman

I was having trouble about a half hour ago, but it's sorted itself out now. I don't think it's the iPad that was at fault though, might just have been the ending of peak time around my area.

3. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

Non-statistical test.

Slowly moved to the other end of the house carrying iPad and ipad3. Both indications of signal strength changed almost simultaneously for both bands of my wifi-n connection.

Ipad1 completely lost the 5 GHz band of the wifi-n connection before ipad3. Both should same performance n the 2.5 Ghz band.

Summary: anecdotal evidence suggests that I don't see this problem. Maybe I am lucky (perfect display, no case scratches, no overheating, no wifi problems), but I just really suspect there are a lot of journalists hoping and praying Apple will fall flat on there face.

And consumer reports is once again playing to the sucker audience to try to sell subscriptions... And if you think CR represents "hard hitting journalism" then I recommend you google "consumer reports Suzuki samurai".

http://www.aim.org/aim-report/aim-report-a-black-eye-for-consumer-reports/

4. Jaab8279 macrumors newbie

No wi-fi problems here. Got full signal :)

Infact no 'other' problems either:cool:

5. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Supposedly, some people are having this problem, but it doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem. I believe the iPad 1 had a similar issue, but it was easily resolved with a software update. I would imagine the same thing will happen with the new iPad.

6. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I had a few problems with my WiFi connection randomly dropping out for the first few days I owned my new iPad. I've now turned off support for b devices and rebooted both the router and the iPad and, touch wood, it's been rock solid for the last couple of days.

I've not noticed any problems with signal strength but I live in a fairly small house that doesn't have thick walls.

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

8. Snoosedaddy macrumors regular

I have the latest airport extreme and had the same issue. I just rebooted router and now is all good. Good luck.

9. bobobenobi macrumors regular

My iPad 3 is better than my 1 or 2 ever were.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Exactly. Very happy with new iPad performance when compared with my original iPad and iPad 2. No issues, just smiles.

11. tytanic11 macrumors member

My iPad 3 seems to find more networks with better signal strength than my iPad 1 or my 4S or my MBP.

12. damant, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

damant macrumors 6502

damant

yup ... there is a huge problem with wifi !
    my new ipad makes my laptop and iphone 4s look bad... it plays movies on Netflix much sooner and less buffering !!!!
    no kidding ! nothing short of amazing...
    ps Yes it is too better then iPad 1 when i compared..
    :eek:

13. rbee macrumors newbie

It's a whole lot better than the Asus Transformer Prime. I had one...returned it and got an iPad ...

14. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Havent noticed it to be any better or worse then the iPad or iPad 2