Wi-Fi Sync Now available in Cydia! ($9.99)

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Wi-Fi Sync just got release on cydia (search wi-fi sync) for 9.99, ive been wanting this for awhile and im guessing a few of you too, just giving a heads up!

http://getwifisync.com/

Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone: now available on Cydia!

Wi-Fi Sync is now available to purchase from Cydia for $9.99. All you need to do is jailbreak your phone, which can now be done on any iPhone or iPod touch. By jailbreaking your phone, you'll get access to some awesome apps which would otherwise be out of reach.
Download Wi-Fi Sync for Mac

You must install the free app for Mac OS X to use Wi-Fi Sync.
Click here to download the Wi-Fi Sync app for Mac OS X.

If you wish to remove the software for any reason, please click here to download the uninstaller. A version of the software compatible with Windows will be available shortly.
YouTube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_09mqhMa-g

Yes it was rejected from the app store according to the developer

Cronic03

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
Wi-Fi Sync ROCKS!

Everyone should go support the developer, this is the best thing to happen to the iPhone in a long time. Not to mention something we've all begged Apple for from the beginning. Its well worth the $9.99. Thanks Greg Hughes and Big Boss Repo!

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
San Roque, Spain
I just posted this in the iPad hacks forum, then realised it's iPhone only. Wonder why that is? Hopefully it will come to iPad too.
Anybody here tried it yet?

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Very cool. I'll buy if it works the way I want it to. Does the Mac have to be connected to the WiFi router that the iPhone is connecting to? Or can the Mac be hardwired to an in-home ethernet drop?

Hansii

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
I want to know if you can schedule automatic syncs. If it supports that then I will buy it.

jTreu

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
I just bought it, took about 2 mins to set up, syncs perfectly, I'm amazed, worth every penny for me because it's a pain in the butt to plug it into my laptop all the time. Also syncs are very fast, same as USB.

no way to schedule syncs that I can find, hopefully that gets added

edit- only complaint I have is there doesn't seem to be a way to initiate a sync from the computer itself, without the app open the iPhone doesn't show up in itunes so the only way to initiate the sync is to do it from the phone by opening the app

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I just bought it, took about 2 mins to set up, syncs perfectly, I'm amazed, worth every penny for me because it's a pain in the butt to plug it into my laptop all the time. Also syncs are very fast, same as USB.

no way to schedule syncs that I can find, hopefully that gets added

edit- only complaint I have is there doesn't seem to be a way to initiate a sync from the computer itself, without the app open the iPhone doesn't show up in itunes so the only way to initiate the sync is to do it from the phone by opening the app
Same same same. I love it. Once the app opens it should start syncing as long as both are on the same network (obivously). That would be so much easier.

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

What's the syncing speed like? Is it a battery drain?

Tu13es

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
This seems really cool, but I worry about future versions of iTunes making this tool unusable. Sure, I could never upgrade iTunes, but who knows what'll happen when 4.0 comes out. Hmm...

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

What's the syncing speed like? Is it a battery drain?
it's definitely a bit slower than USB (the developer makes this same comment in his youtube video). For example, each song takes maybe 4-5 seconds to transfer.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I bought it, syncing now, although for some reason my iTunes decides to sync like 900 songs every time, even though they are on the iPhone itself. It does work, and works well, its not blazing fast, but i can turn it on whenever im on the MBP.

This would work great with a server mac which is always updated, and never switched off.

Tu13es

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
I bought it, syncing now, although for some reason my iTunes decides to sync like 900 songs every time, even though they are on the iPhone itself.
Do you have "fill free space with songs" checked? If so, that's probably what's causing everything to sync all that music every time.

BuStOsAvIcH

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2009
Can someone who purchased it compare how long it takes to sync wirelessly versus through USB?

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Sorry to ask here, but can anyone confirm that this does NOT work for iPad? (I saw a thread title with that as the subject line in the iPad app forum, but there is no follow-through info.)

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Sorry to ask here, but can anyone confirm that this does NOT work for iPad? (I saw a thread title with that as the subject line in the iPad app forum, but there is no follow-through info.)
The description itself in Cydia states that it doesn't work with the iPad.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Do you have "fill free space with songs" checked? If so, that's probably what's causing everything to sync all that music every time.
I might, but I'm syncing ALL my music, having iTunes convert it to 128kbps, and have just under 20Gb free.

abcdefghijklmno

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Wow, this is brilliant. Would still want usb for high volumes of data moving around, but for basic syncing of individual podcasts etc or contacts/calendars if you do not use MobileMe this is perfect.

A

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
I might, but I'm syncing ALL my music, having iTunes convert it to 128kbps, and have just under 20Gb free.
goto apple.com and re-download and install itunes. you most likely have version (11). Version (12) was released and resolves that issue.