Wife hates her iPhone 5S for business

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MaXimus666, Jan 9, 2015.

1. MaXimus666 macrumors member

MaXimus666

She upgraded from a BlackBerry Q10 to an iPhone 5S but the thing is, with the Q10, she was able to go to compose an email, then access any attachment from her BlackBerry hub from other emails and send it to clients. On the iphone, firstly I personally couldn't even see anything related to attachments to start off with, she doesn't wanna forward the emails one by one to a client. How do people use iPhone to send attachments from multiple locations ? or is this phone just not meant for business? This sounds like a pretty simple feature to me and I'm baffled why is it so hard

please help

2. MaXimus666 thread starter macrumors member

MaXimus666

but that means she has to go to every email and copy the file(s) she wants and paste it in the newly composed email, that's a hassle if she has many email attachments she wants to grab from many emails. She liked hte idea of the hub where it can consolidate all the attachments in one place. Is there like a better email client she can download or buy that can do this?

3. iPhone20 macrumors regular

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Acomplii has a dedicated tab for files (attachments). https://www.acompli.com/

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

What sort of files is she attaching, and where are they stored in the phone? On an iPhone it is done from the file in question, not the email app. Go to the file, select it, choose to forward via email, then select the recipients.

6. vexorg macrumors 6502a

I've used the iPhone for business emails for years now. Always amazed that people think a phone should be a full laptop

7. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

The thing he mentioned is easily done with Android and the Blackberry his wife had before so I can see why the step back in functionality is an annoyance.

8. MaXimus666 thread starter macrumors member

MaXimus666

The files are in other emails, sometimes she needs to get multiple attachments from several emails

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I can fully agree with your wife's situation. There is nothing on the iPhone at the moment that even comes close to providing the functionality the BlackBerry HUB provides.

10. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If you tap and hold in the body of the email you are able to attach a photo or video. As for attaching other emails I don't think this is possible.

11. MaXimus666 thread starter macrumors member

MaXimus666

It shouldn't, but what it should be able to do is to easily access all files from other emails without having to reinvent the wheel. Such a sophisticated and advanced OS loved and used by millions, doesn't have such a basic functionality.

When my wife asked her colleagues how can you send a new email and attach several attachments from other emails they all looked puzzled and were like... huh??? you can do that???

That's because they never used a BlackBerry so they never knew this was a possibility.

----------

Thanks a lot dawg!! you are a life saver!! this is exactly what we want! similar to the BlackBerry hub when attaching files and even better that it can grab any files from Dropbox/OneDrive!

Superb!

PS: Surprisingly.......it's free too!!

This is how the iphone mail app should've been!

12. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Buy an android or blackberry then. All I'm saying is macbook or PC for real work, and phones are like kiddy system for checking on the go. Hardly re-inventing the wheel when both pc and mac have been doing it for years.

As said, it's a "PHONE"

13. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I doubt OP's wife has much say in which device she can use for work.

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It sounds like you like the earlier suggestion, but if it doesn't work out I love Documents Pro:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-pro-file-pdf-viewer/id374142847?mt=8

It also has Dropbox support which I often suggest using. Saving files solely on a phone that could be lost makes me nervous.

Bottom line: "There's an app for that" isn't just a marketing slogan. It has to be your mindset when using an iPhone.

15. BigHonkingDeal, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Oh, it's the old "if my phone can't do it's not important" defense.....

As you said it's a phone, so why does it do email at all then?

16. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

iPhones are for reading any email and sending simple ones.

17. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Typical iOS apologist.

18. aristobrat macrumors G4

Wonder if Apple will just end up buying them (vs. trying to create all of this awesomeness themselves)?!

Acompli has great App Store reviews ... 4.5 out of 5. wow! :eek:

19. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

iOS 8 does support "tabbed" emails now, so technically she could pull up multiple emails, copy from each email and paste into another tab. Still a hassle I know.

20. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Let us know what the app is like! I'm interested to hear of a decent alternative to iOS mail!

21. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

You are very welcome. Mail has always been a pain point for me too. Acomplii made life a lot easier for me. Really a great app;)

22. I7guy macrumors G5

Typical response to a typical response, however...

Had my iPhone for 1+ years I came from a blackberry which I had 4 four years and struggled with exchange integration at the beginning.

It took me a while to "get" IOS mail is not microsoft outlook on a phone. As do many I deal with hundreds of emails a day in between everything else, I have found this limitation of IOS mail to be a non-issue. People who have IOS devices expect multiple emails for each attachment sent. Or alternatively I just use the provided corporate software and am able to connect to my desktop via iphone and send the emails through outlook.

23. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Have you tried the solution, the free app "Acompli", which the OP has discovered meets his wife's needs? I did and it seems to do everything he was asking for and more.

24. I7guy macrumors G5

Not yet. I saw the post and am interested in taking a look at it. Thank you.