Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneapplegeek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
It worked at first, but all of sudden, the device doesn't show up in my iTunes. Tried everything, but doesnt work still. :(

Kavichauhan

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Wifi sync problem

Hiya,

Has anyone had anymore luck with this stupid iTunes wifi sync?

I have been through this thread and tried everything but still no luck.

I have the latest version of iTunes on windows 7, and have the new iPad and iPhone 4.

The frustrating thing is that mine was working fine 2 weeks ago before I went on holiday, now I have come back turned on the computer, iTunes will not find either my iPhone or iPad?! I have not changed anything at all so can't figure out why it's not working now?!?!?!

I am only able to sync when I connect my devices by USB, and as soon as I disconnect, the device disappers. The 'sync over wifi' options are ticked for both my devices when connected.

Any ideas anyone, would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

drunkenmenace

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
My Fix

Sorry to be late to the party

Bit of a ballache, but I assigned static IP's to my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. That worked for me.

Last edited:

guyfi

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
Milwaukee
a fix!

Andy K's suggestion about configuring the firewall to allow syncserver.exe worked for me! :) I joined the forum just to post this. Thanks Andy.

Windows 7 64bit
Itunes 10.7
iPhone 4s 6.1.2

Guy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.