Wii System Update

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Sky Blue, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

stolen from gaf:

hope no one modded their Wii!

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Thanks. I noticed the clock, but wasn't sure what else they had changed.

<]=)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

about a week ago. s**t :(

4. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

For What it's Worth, a couple of people on GAF say they've updated with a Wii key and it hasn't affected anything.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ooooh - downloading later. Glad to see they took my clock on the menu idea seriously (is it also on the in-game Home menu too?).

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Thank's mate. I was scouring the net trying to look for anything like that. I'll give it a shot later when I'm home from work and let you know if I have a wii or a brick :D

7. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I'm updating mine now, I skipped the whole bit where you told us whats been updated, Want to make it a surprise :D

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

MRU...you have a Wii Key?

I'll graciously let you go first :)

Paul

9. Anorak macrumors regular

Anorak

I was wondering why the weather channel wasn't displaying the temperature, and only the moon when I was looking at it.

Pretty neat update. I like the digital clock at the bottom.

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yes. It's a step in the right direction. But for me, the weather Channel still displays 5 hours old conditions for the current conditions.

The current weather displayed in the main Weather channel window is thus pretty much useless. (Of course the blame probably falls on the weather service providing the data for Nintendo)

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

12. progx macrumors regular

progx

I'm having trouble getting the Weather channel to work in the Wii Menu. It doesn't prompt me for anything, not like the News channel does. Anyone know what I can do?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Anyone else find the new look similar to Leopard? It's very minimalistic huh.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Cool an update....I'll have to check this out when I get my wii back from repairs.

How long does the update take?
    I haven't turned on my wiiconnect24 since it fried my gpx card so the weather channel never updated for me....I'll check it out though.

Bless

15. Aranince macrumors 65816

Kind of interesting they updated at the same time as Apple decided to have a conference.

16. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

We're beginning to see the fruits of the Nintendo-Apple partnership. It's simple enough to add two IR sensors/emitters to Apple displays....Full Wii Remote integration...can you imagine it? ...instead of those buggy efforts out there right now. Leopard with Wii support, iTunes synching with the Wii via bluetooth and/or wifi, shared storage, etc.. The prospects are quite exciting. :D

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep matey WiiKey with 1.2 firmware

So what the heck I gave it a try and guess what

I'm now the proud owner of a

[​IMG]

Oh and I also own a wii which still works still so I guess as long as WiiKey is at 1.2 it's ok - but I take no responsibilty - terms & conditions apply :p

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Unlucky! I feel for you, but I'm laughing my sides off at the folk pirating games. I'll be removing the chip from my Wii now, as I'm keen on this new update on t'other Wii.

19. progx macrumors regular

progx

Nintendo and Apple, it is an exciting match maker. They both have the same philosophies and similar ideas. I wouldn't rule it out.

20. Aranince macrumors 65816

Haha....that would be pure awesomeness.

21. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Not to burst your bubble but you do realize that as a company Sony and Apple have a much bigger relationship than Apple and Nintendo.

My microwave oven has a minimalistic interface, I bet whirlpool and apple must have talked!! Yes its about that absurd.

Ed

22. AppleGuy2 macrumors newbie

hmmm, i have a modded wii (modded with homemade chip and yaosm code)...i updated and its running just fine. I just dont think ill update when the next update comes along. I'm wandering if my wii wasnt bricked because the update only blocks wiikey, wiinja and cyclowiz chips? because i dont think yaosm is that common. ugh.

I am seriously considering removing my chip. Do you guys think i should?

(i must add, i havn't tried to play a backed up game yet...i hope that doesnt trigger the bricking countdown!)

Update: after a bit of reading from other sites about this update, ive found that pretty much everyone with a modchip who has updated has updated successfully. The only problem that has come up is an error message when those with a wiikey insert their config. disk. So far so good.

23. pcypert macrumors 6502

MRU,
    Dont' completely understand your wording. Do you have two with WiiKey's and one worked and one didn't or the one you have worked?

Paul

24. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I think he means he owns 1 wii, with wiikey, that he updated and it still works, and one actual brick.

i.e: sarcasm

25. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

It's been a while since an update, it'll give me a reason to boot up my wii and make sure its still works.

*Goes back to waiting for more wii channels, wii ware, and Madden '08 for wii*
    :D