Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That_Damn_Kid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2017
It has a Samsung EVO SSD, 8GB of RAM. Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5. It runs CS5.5 fine. It has at least the minimal specs required for CC, but because this is an old computer will it run slow at all?

I should probably ask this as well. Will I be fine using this computer for a couple more years or should I consider upgrading to a 2015-2016 model?

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
You won't be able to run 3D in Photoshop. Also, it won't be able to take advantage of the GPU since it doesn't meet the minimum video RAM requirements. It'll run - but kinda slow.

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
The general desktop publishing and photo related apps off the suite will be fine. Photoshop and Lightroom do have GPU acceleration which your MBP can't get but those are mostly just for speeding up interfaces and instant review of graphical changes. Like said you will just lose out on 3D, video effects, possibly audio as well but these shouldn't be done on this computer anyway.

One thing though is that CC almost always ask for the latest OS X for best performance. That part may be another spectrum of problems for an older machine. I personally still keep a 2011 MBP 13" around, but stay on 10.6.8 and use it as a utility machine or when I need "legacy" software. For daily work, something with a quad core i7 makes quite a difference which I have on a 2012 Mini and a 2015 MBP 15", and they run Sierra fine(ish).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.