Will Angela Ahrendts make an appearance on stage?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

With a lot of buzz talking about samsungs presentation with a woman last s6 unveil. Will Apple follow suit and bring Angela on stage? This would be interesting I'm sure she will blow that Samsung chick out of the water.

2. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Its usually the other way around...

And I don't think she will be on stage.

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

What do u mean other way around... Apple never had a female presenter

4. cleirac macrumors 6502

Yes along with Candice Swanepoel & co., will be on stage. :D

5. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Samsung tends to follow Apple on doing things the way Apple does it. And I was being humorous ;)

6. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

No, I don't think so. My prediction is.

Tim Cook (Intro, Middle Bits, End)
    Craig Federighi (Introducing iOS 8.2, OS X 10.10.3 with Photo's)
    Eddy Cue (If there is Apple Pay announcements, which is possible for Canada)
    Phil Schiller (Maybe MacBook's + Apple Watch Overview)
    Kevin Lynch (Apple Watch Demo)

7. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

I think yes. The buying experience in retail stores is going to be a major part of the whole experience and we know Jony Ive has been working on this so, yes.

8. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Short answer, yes with an if. Long answer, no with a but.

9. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I don't think she'll actually be on stage for that though.

I think it'll just be Tim Cook saying, we've redesigned Apple Store's and then a Video with Cook and Ahrendts talking about it.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

If these price estimates are real I think they need someone other than Phil Schiller in an untucked shirt and jeans selling it. Either put Angela Ahrendts or Paul Deneve on stage. Otherwise it should be Tim Cook.

----------

No too many people on stage imo. There's nothing really besides the watch companion app to demo with 8.2. Also I personally think this shouldn't be a Mac event but if a retina Air is ready Apple may show it off here. I'm surprised though we haven't seen more leaks of that product if it really is ready to be shown off tomorrow.

11. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I'm fairly sure new Mac's are coming. Apple always invites CNET's Laptop Editor to events only when new MacBook's are coming, and he's invited. So I'm fairly sure we'll see something. My guess is, a new MacBook Air, New MacBook Pro. Not holding out on a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display but it's a possibility.

12. cleirac macrumors 6502

Since Apple Watch will be the center of attraction and a different beast, we will probably see some format or presenter changes when it comes to the AW presentation. Women and people in the fashion industry (by which the overwhelming majority hardly cared about geeks tech events in the past - most of them will just buy once they become available :)) will be keenly watching or observing this event - I feel like Apple will go all the way for the fashion & women crowd (not just via media ads) - okay, yeah, maybe the same old ... they will just add a new AW Fashion Show something right after the specs presentation for the geeks crowd. Plus yeah, a musical concert because Beats / iTunes Radio will somehow be covered in this event.

13. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Maybe a new retina Air but I hope Apple doesn't spend precious stage time on MBPs if it's just an internals upgrade. Put that in a press release.

14. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

It'll be similar to WWDC12 when they went through the updates to the Air and Pro, then went onto the Retina Air.

It didn't take longer than half an hour I don't think. My personal prediction is this.

Intro (10 mins)
    Apple Pay Expansion (5 mins)
    New MacBook's (30 mins)
    Photo's for OS X (10 mins)
    Watch (1 hour)
    Wrap up (5 mins)

15. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'd like to see her present but it's hard to imagine what she would talk about. There needs to be a significant change to the retail stores for her to have a segment. It'd look too patronizing having her on for a few minutes taking about something that people probably don't care about. Not to say the stores don't matter, but I think her job is more about behind the scenes type of work. It'd be like having the head of environmental issues at the event. It matters, but it's not as important to the audience of a product event.

Also, I'm hoping for some news on Beats, but I'm doubting it because it's very early for that. I'm hoping at least some improvements to the current Beats app and a way to use it on the Watch.

16. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Angela= Former Burberry CEO, woman, fashionista

There's no other person in that executive level who's qualified to sell this product to their target market of fashion genre.

----------

Candice in her VS wings costume... Win

17. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I hope she does present. And it doesn't have to be just about Apple retail. If they're planning to announce new Mac(s) let Phil Schiller be on stage for that and let someone else sell the watch.

18. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

19. cleirac macrumors 6502

Agreed. Apple paying her gazillions of money for that. Not only just she can make the Apple Stores be even more fashionable. :p

20. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

She's in perfect position to sell it... She has all the credentials

21. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    They might go with two presenters for the watch -- say Angela Ahrendts AND Tim Cook, since this is a entirely new product line and a big deal -- with then a couple of models to demonstrate the watch: a guy (or gal) dressed in sports clothing for the entry-and-mid-level versions and another model dressed in more formal business attire or evening wear for the top-of-the-line gold version. ??

We'll find out tomorrow!

22. KPOM macrumors G5

CEOs (including former CEOs) aren't necessarily good presenters. Has anyone heard her give a presentation or speech (question, not rhetorical)? If so, do you think she'd be good at it? If yes, then she should go ahead and present tomorrow.

----------

Presenting tomorrow and selling the watch are 2 different things. It may be a difficult sell. I can't really say I've heard much buzz around the office, particularly from women, about buying it.

23. cleirac macrumors 6502

Apple will really need to justify the premium pricing if the group they are also highly targetting are not even interested at any price. This show err event can potentially generate the much needed buzz. "I WANT".

24. KPOM macrumors G5

Did Samsung have a woman out there because she's a woman, or because JK Shin's first language is engineering, second language is Korean, and plain English is down the list somewhere? IOW, they needed to emphasize the design and wanted a more interesting speaker.

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Just keep Phil Schiller off the stage as much as possible. He's passable when selling iOS devices and Macs but I think he would be terrible selling the watch.