Will Angela Ahrendts make an appearance on stage?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 8, 2015.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

We'll probably see lots of Jony Ive in videos, Tim Cook leading and ending, and Angela Ahrendts in the middle talking about the purchasing process and perhaps showing off the rose gold with rose gray leather Edition on her wrist. It would totally match her Burberry outfits.

2. 8CoreWhore, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015

8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I think she will.

I don't think Tim wanted her just to redesign stores. But also, to be a "face" of Apple.

If Apple brought back the, "Im a Mac.", "I'm a PC." commercials, and Apple wanted one of the two actors to be female, which of the two do you think they'd use for female? There's no way they'd use a female for PC.

Angela helps to smash the idea that "computer stuff" is for nerdy males. But that only works if you put her out there. If they don't see and hear her, Apple loses tremendous marketing value.

She helps shape Apple's image.

When she talks, and there's lots of youtube videos, she sounds like Steve Jobs and Jony Ive combined.

The Ted Talk was done after getting hired by Apple. Keep that in mind. She starts by saying she's nervous, that presentations is not her strong suit, (I'm paraphrasing), but then as he does as good or better than most that Apple has on stage.

Watch her at TED and imagine her on Stage for Apple - when the world is so used to every single person up there over the years has been male, and white (Beats fixed half that equation).

Also note, that when she tells a bit about herself, she doesn't say she's been in retail all these years, but rather, she's been in the fashion industry for most of her life. That's how she sees herself, and that's how Apple sees her - not in charge of "retail."

Listen to this talk, and then think of Apple showing people using the Watch to send their heart beat to a loved one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNlN31hS78&spfreload=10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf6vSnJomU&spfreload=10

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I agree whore lolol. She needs to warm up presenting in stage and she's good. But she definitely excels at an interview layout. Very well versed in the interview.

4. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I did see a video of her on YouTube, it might have been a TedX talk. It was... Not great. She read off some notebook or tablet. If she does present I think she'll be good though because I think Apple has the resources to make anyone a good presenter.

----------

Huh?

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

If she doesn't present then I'll take federighi. He's by far the best presenter of the company. Very charming and likeable.

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    You mean "Hairforce One"? Yep, he's a better presenter than some of the others. I'm thinking that Angela Ahrendts will appear on stage, though, really.

7. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

It makes zero sense for Craig Federighi to talk about Watch. He's not the one overseeing the watch's software and he doesn't get on stage to talk pricing.

8. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I agree, his moment is always WWDC.

But, I think we'll see him to talk iOS 8.2 and OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

9. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

How do we know? I assumed Kevin Lynch reports to Craig, and that he has at least some involvement.

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Federighi is just a great presence on stage.. i enjoy watching him present. you really don't have to be the one in charge, you just have to be the presenter.

11. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Not sure. According to The Official Board he reports to Bob Mansfield.

http://www.theofficialboard.com/org-chart/apple

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

she's got a lot to practice for the big stage by herself.. lil shaky in the beginning but she warmed up. on the other side, she's absolutely pleasant to watch on an interview setup.

13. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

I think they'll run a video about the store refresh, and she'll be on that. Not presenting.