Will Apple Change Internals, Externals or Both in iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jan 27, 2011.

?

Will apple change the hardware for the internals, externals or both?

1. Internal Hardware Only

37 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. External Hardware Only

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Both Internal & External Hardware

27 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I don't understand the point of these threads. You will know when they annouce it. Until then, there's really no point in speculation - they have their own design team and are not likely to be looking to MR for suggestions. ;)

Can we have an "I don't care" option?

5. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, you can't. The thread title made it very clear what the topic was about and if you weren't interested you simply shouldn't have clicked on it. Posts like yours are more useless than threads like these.

The point of my question was b/c I was contemplating investing in a nice case for my iPhone 4. While I know that nobody here KNOWS what Apple will do, I also know that people here are the best bet to have a good reading on the 'pulse' of the company (mostly fanboys/gals). I therefore was asking the members of this forum what they feel Apple will do with the next version of the iPhone so that I could make a more informed decision about a purchase. Simple.

6. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I know it's very exciting to try and foresee what Apple are going to do. But I honestly can't make a guess. Who knows?

7. CZK macrumors 6502a

They wont change the exterior design in my opinion. Too much work and money put into that to trash it so fast.

8. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Actually, your thread title made it very clear that this was another speculation thread where the answer is most likely unknown.

MR is very good about posting rumors on the front page - they usually pick up everything as soon as or sooner than anyone else here. You will know when we know. Simple. ;)

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Apple will change the external band to accommodate both gsm & cdma on the same phone. Other than that, the exterior will remain the same.

Internally is where most of the changes will take effect. Updates that will happen?

Processor?
    Higher MP camera?
    Dual band GSM/CDMA radio?
    Near Field payment system radio?

It will be interesting to see what takes place.

10. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Internals only. A design like this isn't going to last for only one year.

11. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Agreed.
    64GB? Please!!!!!

12. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL thank you for proving my exact point. You knew it was a thread that you weren't interested in, didn't want to look at or contribute to so why in the world did you click on it? Just to make a useless remark?

I was thinking along the same lines which is what I'm hoping for. I guess we'll know soon enough.

13. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking both, but to a small extent. Internals is a given (tweaked CPU, more memory, maybe a combo GSM/CDMA radio). Externals to match up the antennas with the Verizon version (so they are the same across the board for GSM/CDMA phones). I don't think anything more major than that, although apparently there's some rumors out there.

Side note, if they *do* go with a combo GSM/CDMA radio, I'm not sure I would get it right away (i'd wait for other people to use it for a while and see what the reports say). It'd be a new radio setup, and new doesn't necessarily mean better.

14. Alaerian, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

To try and educate you. It's frustrating to have to wade through completely pointless threads full of speculation when NOBODY here knows the answer.

Since you enjoy speculation, the next iPhone will not be called iPhone 5. It will be known as "iPhone Super Duper." 12" screen in 3D with 7 buttons on the front face. Comes in only fuschia or orange with green stripes. Apple is doing away with the rectangular shape and moving towards a parallelogram. I heard it from a guy at a bar, so obviously it must be true. Better start looking for a case now.

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

3G lead to 3GS I believe 4 will lead to nothing too out of the ordinary. It's just my opinion we'll have to wait and see. To those who can't get over the idea of posting useless posts - try rewinding and thinking whether or not your post on how you feel about such a thread is of any use to anyone. Enough said.

16. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

To try an educate me? You sound quite pathetic and it seems nobody else here has an issue with the thread besides you. This is FORUM for people to discuss and speculate. If you don't want to contribute and be involved then don't read it and go somewhere else. But stop chirping and clogging up threads with nonsense for everyone else's sake.

17. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

give it up. if you dont like the thread, dont reply, its as simple as that.

this is a rumour site so everyone is entitled to make a thread with whatever they have in mind.

18. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Well there's your problem! This site is pretty much founded upon speculating before Apple announces anything.

19. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

And here I thought this forum was full of intelligent people. I've been proven wrong. :rolleyes:

The iPhone forum has become French Canada - the rest of us don't want you around.

20. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right. We're unintelligent b/c we having a discussion about our thoughts on the future of the iPhone. Makes a ton of sense.

21. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Mostly internals with slight alterations to the externals. You won't see another iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 leap for another few years yet. ;)

22. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I see some small changes internally with minimal on the outside...like fixing the antenna issue

23. jackerbacker macrumors newbie

Well put my friend! Tell that troll off!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk