Will Apple make the "right" decision on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jul 14, 2010.

?

Do you think Apple will handle the reception issue appropriately on Friday?

1. Yes, I have faith that Apple will make the right decision.

57 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Nope. They will lie, offer no solution, or some half @$$ed solution

78 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. I'm not sure... But I just hope I'm happy!

27 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    All the eyes will be on Apple at the iPhone 4 PR on Friday. This has been a PR nightmare for Apple, a company that lives by customer loyalty. Do you have faith in Apple, that they will make the "right" decision with what to do about the reception issues? No one can say right now what the "right" decision would be, because we don't have all the facts, but Apple will be judged by what they do. Do you think Apple will be applauded as handling the situation well for not only themselves but for the customers? Or do you think they will offer a half-assed solution/answer that will only haunt Apple more as they are portrayed as hiding, lying, or ignoring.

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I don't know what apple will say, but I'm curious as to what the fanboys, who have been saying there is no issue, will say if apple says there's a problem.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

They won't need Apple to tell them there's a problem. When 4.1's new signal bars come, many of those with 5 bars will suddenly have 4, and when they touch the antenna it will visibly drop to 3...2...1. But we will undoubtedly see very few people admitting they were wrong.

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

God, I really hope they finally fess up and admit to the problem. I hope they have a fix, even if it's not a recall, but free bumpers doesn't cut it.

This is getting to the point like when you're a kid and you get caught in a lie, then tell another lie, which makes you have to tell another lie, etc.

The ONLY way they're going to get out of this is to come clean about the issue and say what they're going to do to fix it.

BUT, I have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that they're going to do the opposite, lie about it more, and potentially start a downward spiral that ends with Apple running itself into the ground.

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter what is 'right' someone will always find something wrong with it.

No recall but iOS 4.1 update will 'fix' the problem

6. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Hopefully they've figured out a solution to the issue that will satisfy everyone and we can get back to worrying about starving children in third world countries and promoting global peace.

All the time spent belly-aching over a ***** cell phone reaffirms my belief that the end of civilization as we know it is imminent.

7. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I think Apple will in fact to the "right" thing. Although since we don't have the facts I'm not sure what the solution will be, but I'm hoping it's not a full on recall.... We will just have to wait and see how this goes down.

The reality is Apple has PLENTY of money to throw around at us to keep people happy if they need to

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Maybe you should hang out on starvingchildrenrumors.com or globalpeacerumors.com instead of macrumors.com if you're that concerned about it. This isn't exactly the best place to get an unskewed view of world matters.

9. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

There's nothing to fess up to. Frankly the 2% who are having this "problem" should just quietly deal with Apple Care and **** and stop posting on forums. :apple: is a genius company that makes genius products. :rolleyes:

10. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

It doesn't really make sense to do anything more than get 4.1 ready and released at this point. Then see what happens after that. I also think that the vast majority of iPhone 4 owners aren't reporting major problems. So, weigh the percentage of people who are, against the cost/effort of any possible action.

I know 3 people who got their iPhone 4s just this week and are really excited and happy with it. Apple might do more if more people were complaining.. Like they did a couple years ago when the price was suddenly cut and early adopters were freaking out.

11. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Hmmm..... Kinda like they have addressed the effing wi-fi problem with the iPad.

Yeah right!

12. mrcadman macrumors newbie

Would be nice, but define "right"? Right for shareholders?
    Remember, we're referring to a corporation.
    If there was any hope for good character, it went out the window when they deliberately removed Field Test.

I had hope before as well.

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Apple is incapable of handling adversity.

Too many yes men surround them.

14. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

+1

Apple will have no problem making the 'right' decision
    and it wont be a re-call.

You'd have to be from another planet if you think his Steveyness
    will re-call a product at a cost of $1B plus (they're not Toyota) :D

15. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I couldn't decide which picture describes you more, so you may have both Sir...

Attached Files:

16. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

haha :rolleyes:

17. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

They'll admit a problem, but they're not going to do a recall, so get over it.

They'll offer free bumpers or a gift card. If you don't like it, return the phone.

I'm keeping mine. :)

18. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Pretty sure that's incorrect. Those who aren't having issues still won't have issues, although they may see fewer bars in general. Maybe they'll go from 4 to 3, or 3 to 2, when death gripping. Those who are constantly dropping calls won't be going from 5 bars to Searching, they'll be going from 1 bar to Searching.

All in all it changes nothing except those who were previously going from 5->0 and are now going from 1->0 will be more inclined to blame AT&T instead of Apple.

19. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd be satisfied with that..

20. kuaiyouming, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  21. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

crap, there's a lot of 'new' members lately? :apple:rumors

22. detroit1 macrumors regular

you used ''" wrong. by saying "right" i thought u meant the solution of using your right hand and not covering the left side...

23. Mach1.8 macrumors member

I can't believe all this craziness. People are really up in arms here. Did blackberry have a press conference when they released the Storm, a phone that truly stunk up the joint? No! There is clearly a flaw with the phone. It's extremely well documented, and yet people are still on waiting lists to buy it! Amazing, simply amazing!

That said, :apple: is in the position they are today because they deliver superior products with superior service. They know this and as such I believe they will go to great lengths on Friday to make amends with their customers. Contrast that to most other companies that would just go back to the drawing board to design another run of the mill craptacular device. I'm just saying...

24. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I truly, sincerely, honestly hope you're right. I love the iPhone, I've owned all of them. It just irritated me when Steve Jobs himself that there was no issue when it was evident there was one! I don't want a gift card, I would appreciate a fix. None of the other phones had this problem. The 4 is supposed to be superior, which it is. The signal issue presents a lot of problems though, especially for those of us who already live in areas with crappy AT&T service. Either way, I don't see myself going back to another phone. I've owned enough Android phones to find out that force closes are common and a pain in the ass. An apology for me would suffice.

25. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

I'm so curious how many of the people crying about signal loss are really dropping calls & getting slow data. Maybe I'm lucky, but mine works great. I'm sure some people really did get bad phones, but I'm not sure about the rest. I travel quite a bit & have only rarely had any issues except indoors, which is to be expected. You can't tell me i'm the only lucky person to have a perfect iPhone 4. I'm not that lucky.