will apple release a new iphone 4 that..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bo-waleed, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

don't have the drop calls issue or something else ??

or will they fix it by an software update ??

should i buy the iphone 4 now or just wait ?

2. citrate macrumors 6502

If they bring out a revision to fix the issue (which is very unlikely) then they are admitting a defect with the first revision and everyone will be eligible for a replacement.

Hopefully a software update can fix the issue although I can't see how at the moment and according to Apple their upcoming update will only affect the 'display' of signal bars. I'm hoping that another fix will also be in there which Apple don't want to admit after telling people that there wasn't an issue but it could just be wishfull thinking!

Either way you will end up with the same iPhone 4 as everyone else, whether that's a defective or perfectly working one remains to be seen.

3. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

Yes, you need to learn to use the search function, your tired questions have already been asked about 10 times each already.

5. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

the problem is that if i bought the iphone i can't replace it (don't know how),if apple release a new iphone.

because i want to buy it from ebay because it is cheaper

apple said that they will fix it by an update, is that the only news from apple or is there something else ???

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple is not about to release a new iPhone 4 when they're selling the current iPhone 4 like hotcates. 1.7 million units sold after a couple of days - unbelievable.

If they did, they'd be acknowledging that there is a design flaw and the flood of lawsuits would begin. As it is, a class action suit is already in the works.

7. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

i use the search function but the other topics are sometimes old

and sorry for asking these ?s again

8. citrate macrumors 6502

Apple haven't agreed to 'fix it', they are still saying that the problem doesn't exist, but they are fixing something which relates to how many bars are displayed.

9. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Go into a AT&T or apple store and listen to what everyone is trying to buy. Then you will know the answer to your question.

10. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't live in US and we don't have AT&T and apple stores

So i can't listen to them o_O

what did they say ??

11. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

some sellers on ebay sells white iphone and on apple store it is for pre order ??

12. samcraig macrumors P6

I am sure that Apple will release at least one new iPhone 4 without any issues.

... see what I did there?

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1) There are still sizable waiting lists for iPhone 4s. If its discounted on eBay you might want to think twice. That has scam all over it.

2) A factory unlocked iPhone 4 is going to cost you about US$800, however, they do not sell them in the US. I think the UK is the only country they are available now -- that is they are for sale, not that you can just walk into a store and one will be available to buy. Canada and France later this month.

3) White phones DO NOT exist in the retail market yet.

14. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

look at this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-...ccessories&hash=item4151027663#ht_1219wt_1139

i may buy from it.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm looking at it. It's been removed. Scam. Look, do yourself a favor. Send me $800. I won't send you anything in return, but at least you will know up front and won't be expecting an iPhone delivery and get box of rocks instead. Of course if you want the box of rocks I can do that too.

16. glanv macrumors regular

Well said that man! OP is a little naive (& a tad annoying).

17. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

18. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

i have that page on another tab , i refreshed it and it is removed
    maybe someone else bought it ??

19. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i really doubt they'll fix the reception issue. software could probably fix everything else? the design is fragile too, not gonna be fixed. The dream solution is apple recalls/allows for replacements. ships iphone 4.1 with laminated antenna's instead of bare metal which everyone says is causing the issue. and for the trouble of all of us bumps capacity to 32/64gb. then i'd be in awe... but don't hold your breath

if you want the top phone, but an iphone 4, get a GOOD case and take care of it. not too complicated

20. feddy84 macrumors member

Apple has already said that this update wont fix the problem. its a hardware issue and im pretty sure they cant/wont fix it.

21. malevolant macrumors 6502

Maybe being direct with this guy is best?

That is a scam to take your money and give you ****. If something isn't even released on the creators website how the hell would it be available on ebay.

22. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

you really don't respect other people.

i have bought many stuff from ebay.

even the macbook pro i am using it now is from ebay.

23. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Don't buy an iPhone 4 from ebay even if you by some miracle get the device it will be locked to AT&T and useless to you. Wait for it to release in your country and then buy it.