Will Apple release a new version of the iPhone 4 to fix its issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hamzab, Jul 6, 2010.

1. hamzab macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

So Im about to get the new iPhone, but I was wondering if I should hold on or not. Do you think Apple will release a new version to quell the reception/proximity sensor/fragile glass issues?

Thanks

HamzaB

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Probably not. If anything, the software update will come first.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No, and if it is an antenna problem, then a software fix will not fix it at all. Also, more evidence it's the actual phone:

Click Me

4. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

hahaha you got me there for a second! I read your post and thought "WTF?! is this guy serious?!?!" - and then i realised that you got me! i take it you were doing one of the "hey I just discovered a major FLAW with the signal!" type posts. Good one ;)

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you waiting for the "issues" to be adress/fix/masked/improve them yes...hold a bit longer, if you are waiting for the "hardware" revision them just go head and go get one right now, it won't happen (I don't think it will happen at all but.....) if they want to release a hardware revision it will be a few months before you see it on production (due to new hardware have to be submitted for Certifications and tests)

6. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Well, a link to a Jizzmodo post by Jesus Diaz isn't evidence of anything in any way, these guys still have an axe to grind...

I think a coating over the stainless steel may be something that should be done - some sort of clearcoat (I'm not a paint/coating expert) so that you can't short out the two different antennas.

Perhaps someone could test out some nail polish or something like that?

I too doubt that any SW fix will really remedy this issue. I held my nose and purchased a bumper.

Overall, still love the phone. I have an Android and the iP4 makes it look even worse than it did before.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What are you? 12?

8. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

This isn't a issue for me. While I love the look of the phone naked, I had always planned to put it in a otterbox anyway. I care about what the phone DOES and how it PERFORMS - not what it looks like. That's just me though.

9. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

so is your phone broken again?

sim fix didn't work?

10. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Yeah, sounds like a 12 year old came up with that "fix"

11. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

News Just In: Iphone Hardware Fix Is Coming! July 2011 (codename Iphone 5) ;)

12. hamzab thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's quite obvious it's a hardware fault, I have a friend who is an Engineer at Nokia and he's explained quite a bit about the antenna design to me, in layman terms.

I don't know. I really want the iPhone but would be a bit Pee'd off if a new hardware revision came out.

But then again, if a new revision came about before the iPhone 5 in June, wouldn't that acknowledge the problem with the phone therefore rendering Apple responsible to provide all old iPhone 4 users with the newer upgraded revision?

13. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Dude, I stop visiting Gizmodo a long time ago. They are Anti Apple Nazis. I'm no fanboy but you have to be blind not to see the bashing...