Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I don’t know about everyone else, but while the stock filters in Apple Photos aren’t the worst in the world, they’re definitely not the best, and there’s no reason why Apple shouldn't have the best.

I used the Photos plugin aspect of the Filmborn app for a while. I was able to easily edit photos from right within the Camera Roll, which was nice. Most good photography apps don‘t offer that functionality. Unfortunately, its development has been recently discontinued and there are bugs that prevent a streamlined experience on iOS 13.

I also used Lightroom for a while, with Mastin Labs presets but, again, I don’t need a separate photo library.

Apple Photos is simple, it works, and it’s where all my photos and videos reside. With mobile device camera technology as amazing as it is right now, I think it would be a shame not to offer the best filters for those who like to use them.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
The stock editing tools in general could use an overhaul as well. We shouldn’t need to rely on third party apps to do it right. Take for example the exposure tool. It blows out skin tones every time. You’re better off using the brilliance tool.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
With their big push to make iPadOS more like an everyday OS, I’m still waiting for them to offer as many features as MacOS Photos. Like you said, you shouldn’t need another editor for basics, but to me, the feature parity between Mac and iPad Photos needs to improve!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.