Will Apple stores have demo units on Tuesday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geko29, Jun 11, 2010.

1. geko29 macrumors 6502

Like the thread title suggests, I'm wondering if you go into an Apple store next week to preorder, if they'll have demonstrator units available so customers can check them out before plunking down their orders. Specifically for myself, and I know many other MR-ites are interested to know how they look in person, in part to determine what color to select.

Anybody know what they've done in the past, like for the 3G launch, for example?

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i wouldnt go anywhere near an apple store for the next month. but to answer you question they probably will have them available in store sometime next week.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Absolutely not. Apple never had "demo" units available until the product has launched, i.e., is for sale. So the soonest you'll be able to touch an iPhone 4 would be the 24th.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

This

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, I don't believe so.

You'll only be able to pre-order them Tuesday, that's it.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I don't even think you can pre-order in store can you? I thought it was only online

8. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

If they wouldn't demo a brand new product like the iPad and it sold as it did, you can be certain that they won't demo iPhone 4.

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Having demo units in the store won't allow them to stage their usual "close down the store, cover every window, then reopen to wild applause" routine. So no, there won't be any units for the people to touch until the 24th. You'll either have to take your chances on launch day, or make your best guess when pre-ordering.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Since I'm undecided on which color I want to purchase, I am holding off on purchasing the iPhone 4 until the 26th or 27th. Probably not the brightest idea since the Apple retail stores will be packed, but I'll take my chances.