Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Firstly. What city/state do you live in?

Also. What model are you looking to buy? Judging by last year, Space Greys and Pluses were the hard to find models even at Apple Stores. Since there are many pluses already owned and in owner's hands, it definitely should be easier as fewer

These two facts will help just a bit in the probability that you will find what you are looking for.
anyone know if ATT stores will have much stock for non preorder people. I am not allowed to upgrade until November, called ATT and they would move up my upgrade to now, but they can only do it when ordering. Since they don't have stock of the iPhone in their computer system yet, I can't be upgraded until they do (9/25). So I have to wait until that day. Was hoping to maybe get lucky at ATT store on release day.

I take it you are on a 2 year contract currently?

Also, what City/State are you buying in?

Availability will greatly depend on what specific configuration you are looking for.

Based on what became less available for launch day shipping, it seems the Rose Gold 6s Pluses are going to be the toughest to come by.

nickkrumors

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Talk with Customer Retention. They have much greater power to makes changes than an average Customer Service rep. I've been able to negotiate a number of changes over the years by threatening to cancel my service.

Called twice now to Customer Relations and they were ZERO help. Said there was nothing they could do and didn't mention the whole September 25th thing. Perhaps I'll try again on the 25th

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Called twice now to Customer Relations and they were ZERO help. Said there was nothing they could do and didn't mention the whole September 25th thing. Perhaps I'll try again on the 25th

Of course they were no help. They do not have any phones yet. They are currently focused on those that want (and are able) to buy a phone today.

eyedoc2020

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2015
NOVA
Our ATT store typically does have stock on launch day. However it is usually very limited and sells out very quickly.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Here is a question OP : Why do people ask us pea-on's "Do you think or Will" questions ? How the blank do we know ? :confused:

ajresendez

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2013
Alabama
anyone know if ATT stores will have much stock for non preorder people. I am not allowed to upgrade until November, called ATT and they would move up my upgrade to now, but they can only do it when ordering. Since they don't have stock of the iPhone in their computer system yet, I can't be upgraded until they do (9/25). So I have to wait until that day. Was hoping to maybe get lucky at ATT store on release day.
Okay so it depends on the model you want. we had a total of 3 6 pluses last year on release day more so of the regular 6. That's with us being the major corp store in our part of the state.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Okay so it depends on the model you want. we had a total of 3 6 pluses last year on release day more so of the regular 6. That's with us being the major corp store in our part of the state.
Whereas our store, also major corporate location, received zero pluses and not a single 128GB or a single gold. Not sure how this year will be.

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
Of course they were no help. They do not have any phones yet. They are currently focused on those that want (and are able) to buy a phone today.
Wrong. As I recounted before in another thread,Customer Relations moved my date ahead to the 25th from an October 23 upgrade date. Only caveat was I had to do it over the phone,with them,on the 25th. They had said earlier and I raised very little hell wit the for wrong info and they said we'll toss in an accessory for the trouble. It is in my account as I had them read it back to me. I am just grateful they moved me up to the 25th.

smarks90

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Akron, Ohio
I'll be interested to hear what stores/associates are saying next Thursday when everyone is calling various AT&T stores trying to track phones down. I currently have a 6s+ 128GB silver set to deliver 10/12-10/19 (order via apple.com). and I know the Apple Store near me will be crazy. I have two AT&T corporate stores within 10 minutes of my house here in OH. Probably going to try to track the same or similar configuration down that day. If not, the following week I'll stop in again or try the Apple store to see if they have any sort of stock then.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

Contact them. I went there and they showed my the list of models they are getting in on launch day. Every model was there except the 6s Plus. None are coming in at the AT&T Store where I live.

Ninerboy81

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Murrieta, CA
Last year my AT&T store had 13 pluses and 55 regular 6's. It's hard man you'll definitely have to wait in line for awhile to get a plus.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Contact them. I went there and they showed my the list of models they are getting in on launch day. Every model was there except the 6s Plus. None are coming in at the AT&T Store where I live.
I would like to know where they got this information. I can't find it anywhere in my system

FredV

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
There was an ATT store near me who had stock well into the afternoon.
Hopefully that is the case again this time.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
ATT stores have limited stock. And these are the corporate stores we're talking about
You have a better chance at an Apple Store However some people need the 2 year contract so they have no choice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.