Will bumper fit white iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by newtoiphonesdk, May 10, 2011.

1. newtoiphonesdk macrumors 6502a

I heard that white iPhone 4 is thicker than black and some cases won't fit. Will apples bumpers fit it ok?

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not actually thicker (last I heard Apple said we were measuring it wrong), and yet it will fit.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm not trying to disprove you here, but how exactly did Engadget and other tech sites manage to show it was thicker? :confused:

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

8. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that the white iPhone 4 is definately thicker than the black model. My wife had an incase slider case for the black one, and I tried it out on my white iphone 4. It doesn't even get close to fitting.

10. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Thank you very much. HAve had someone try and get at my throat and send me hate male in this forum just for saying the white iphone 4 had a bad batch and there are reports of there being thicker ones lol. As if apple has never screwd up before......... keep believing everything apple tells you people they never lie or screw up!!!

11. newtoiphonesdk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean. Otterbox puts on their website white iphone 4 won't work, not due to size but proximity sensor, and now firsthand I know its too thick for a case that worked with black, but some people still don't believe.

12. JessicaR macrumors member

Technically they are the same thickness because it is considered under JND (just noticeable difference). You can read all about the difference in the article here

13. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Have a white iPhone. Same as the black. All my cases fit just fine.

Stop worrying and buy the phone.

14. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

good article, the difference is comparable to a zagg invisishield or any other full body shield I believe. Having tried cases with zagg (and failed miserably) I can tell you that the JND is actually quite noticeable.

15. JessicaR macrumors member

I just received an e-mail from Marware today. They assured me that ALL their iPhone 4 cases will fit the white iPhone.

I am e-mailed them because I am due for an upgrade on 8/8/11 and I want to get the white iPhone but I was concerned it would not fit the case. Well they e-mailed me back and said it fits all their cases. I even sent them the article about the JND and they said it does indeed fit.