Will Craig Federighi present September 10 Event - What suprises will he spring?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Risco, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

I sure hope he does present it, he was fabulous in the last event for OSX and had so much passion and excitement. I don't think I could stomach another one by Tim "No personality" Cook!

What do you think will be the big surprise?

2. washburn macrumors 6502

3. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

They'll probably stick to the same routine. Apple keynotes, I've noticed, have a pattern in how they are presented, who presents, and when certain things are presented. and yet, I still love them :D.

I do agree though, Federighi was awesome. He has such an obvious passion for Apple and looked like a kid in a candy store when he was up on stage.

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Very likely. Apple has been streaming their last events, making them available on a dedicated web page.

5. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Federighi won't even be in the building so nobody will hear what he is talking about anyway.

Sorry your stuck with Mr. personality…...

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

yes i imagine any apple device will be able to stream the key note including apple tv.

7. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Not tying to be rude here, but honestly who cares? I would rather have the event be more informational then debating about who speaks and conducts the event. I swear sometimes you people think these executives are like celebrities. Lol.

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Why won't Federighi be in the building?

9. bnnentertainmen macrumors regular

if history is a clue, TC (the CEO of the company) will unveil the new iphone, no matter how bad personality he has. but, rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?;)

10. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Hey the OP asked what I thought….
    …..and that's what I think.:p

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Phil Schiller announced the iPhone 4S and 5 when Cook was CEO.

12. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

This is Apple and the executives ARE celebrities. You seem to forget how much excitement Steve could generate through his personality and passion. It made Apple events something to watch and helped increase desirability. The last event was much better as Craig injected some much needed life in to what had become a drawn out bore fest in previous "jobless" incarnations..

13. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

They should let Windows and Linux users steram the keynote as well. I deleted OS X and installed 2 Linux distro on my MacBook Air and I have no intention to restore OS X on my Air.

I have no idea what make this mission impossible for Apple.

14. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

As amazing as Federighi is at giving presentations, hardware is not his thing. He does software. If they show off any new software features, they might have him, but most likely it'll be ol Philly.

I wish Federighi could just give every keynote ever now that we've really seen him talk. He reminds me of a kind version of Bertrand (Bertrand was a great speaker but damn he could be really harsh sometimes).

15. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

It was clear to me, watching the keynote in June, that Federighi is the only one of the bunch who's in Steve Jobs' league when it comes to giving presentations. (I laughed out loud when he asked everyone to look away while he unlocked the iPhone). If Apple were smart they'd let him demo everything.

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

The excitement should be about what is being said, not who is saying it.

17. iCarabma macrumors 6502

Yeah.... Don't hold your breath.

As far as who will present. Apple is not that complicated they will follow their pattern.

Tim presents new thing. Jony appears via video. Schiller goes into detail. And Federighi will go into software detail.

18. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

No you are wrong, it is both.

19. Spacial macrumors 6502

I feel the same way. Not being a hero worshipper, I've always been amused by the throngs of Apple fans that get so emotionally attached.

20. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

And what a major problem that has been for Apple when something happens like one of those celebs gets sick. Like stock values under $100

21. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Being told something really awesome by a great speaker is much more engaging and exciting than being told something really awesome by a boring speaker.

Being charismatic is extremely important in giving presentations. You're going to have more people invested, engaged and listening to you if you are charismatically skilled.

The person who is saying it is equally important as what is being said.

22. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Element of surprise is what's missing from Apples presentations Presentations seem almost to scripted

23. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

I can imagine something along the lines of this happening: Tim welcoming everybody, he provides the usual Apple "Updates", Hands it over to Phil who will announce the new iPhone 5S. Next Federighi will demo iOS 7 running on the 5S while he paralyzes everybody with his usual "Awesome, amazing, extraordinary, glassy smooth" vocabulary. Back to Tim, he wraps everything up when suddenly he stops everyone with a "One more thing". Boom the iPhone 5C. He explains why it's so important for Apple to target new markets "large emphases on China", hands it over to Phil who will dissect its hardware. And finally Tim will remind everybody of Apple's philosophy and how he can't think of a better reason to wake up in the morning. Everybody gets out, 1 week later 75 million people preorder the iPhone, Apple becomes so rich that they finally take over the world.

24. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

On the day of the presentation, the skill of the presenter is the most important thing. Every day after that, the quality of the product is.