Will fedex leave my phone at the doorstep without a pre-sign?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jigaly panda, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ideal.dreams, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

No. You either have to sign for the package yourself or have the pre-sign on the door. Otherwise they'll reattempt delivery another day.

Edit: I stand corrected. Disregard the above post :eek:

2. DetTigers macrumors regular

There is no signature required for FedEx deliveries. They left mine along with thousands of others (check the Pre-Order thread)...

3. CheesyTators macrumors member

My FedEx order from Verizon stated an "indirect signature" was required. I could leave a handwritten notice with signature or use the "shipment release form" on the door and they would leave it, IF the driver felt it was safe to do so. If I chose to do nothing, they would attempt another delivery the next business day. Just my experience.

4. baseballsd24 macrumors newbie

When my phone got delivered on friday the Fedex driver rang the door bell and left it on the door step and I didnt sign anything. He never even waited to make sure anyone was home or to make sure it got in side. Its a good thing I was home and waiting for it.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

FedEx does whatever the shipper wants even to.

All of my Apple packages delivered via FedEx have required a signature or a pre-sign. The iPhone 5 that AT&T just shipped me via FedEx needed no signature or pre-sign.

Who'd you order from?

6. jigaly panda thread starter macrumors member

I ordered from at&t so I would guess they would do the same for me as they did for you.

7. spring macrumors regular

Yeap I ordered with ATT and it was shipped with FedEx with no signature required. I got home and it was on my front porch.

8. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I know ups will. My ups guy signed for me and just left the phone on my porch.

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My FedEx Driver is trained to toss it on the roof.

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

When you get your tracking number, you can call FedEx and confirm it doesn't need one.

11. jigaly panda thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thank you guys for the answers I really appreciate it.

12. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

FedEx in my neighborhood is notorious for dropping the package at the door without ringing the bell & then taking off in a hurry. I once had to return a whole box of research books back to Amazon because the FedEx guy delivered them late on a Friday to the front porch, out of sight of the window and it rained all nite that nite. The box & books were a soggy ruined mess; Amazon was great about it, filling the order again and instructing me how to return the ruined books to them at no charge to me. I hope FedEx caught hell.

The point of this story is that my iPhone 5 came in a distinctly phone sized box, barely bigger than the iPhone box itself. If a box like that is left lying around your front door & someone recognizes it, you're SOL. :( :mad: :(

13. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

My FedEx driver buries it underground for me.

14. pragmatous macrumors 65816

My Fedex drivers launches it with a cannon into my yard (not really but its funny)

15. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

hahahahaahah. You win 1 internet. But seriously, if it's a cable or something, I would just leave a note on the door. I'm assuming that it is because UPS is doing all of the iPhone 5 shipments.

16. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

My Fedex driver stumps on it several times by my doorstep until it looks smash.

17. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

What's your address, I'll check for you.