Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
I've created the life of my two children. Does that count?

... Really? Having kids counts as doing something with your life in your world? No offense, but that's about the farthest thing from doing something in your life ever.

INB4 angry down-votes from people that have only achieved having children.

----------

Fantastic!

Apple spends millions of dollars in resources and time to create the thinnest and lightest smartphone out there.

Rapper creates a spectacularly bulky GIGANTIC WART LIKE SARCOPHAGUS to enclose said phone in a giant tacky blingy disaster of epic proportions.

Wow, speechless!

He's not a rapper. -_- I love how racist you old white people are though, you see a black celebrity and just KNOW that he's a rapper. -_____-

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Hi everyone,
I am one of you who thinks his product is a useless piece of crap. But guess what! He just realised his new music video with Britney Spears called "Scream & Shout". The whole music video is more like a promotional for this piece of Sh**t!! I could not stop laughing! It s hilarious!

Check out the screenshot! :D

This makes me want to go and wipe out of all humanity for letting the culture sink so low.

We live in a freaking idiocracy.

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Uh, no, Steampunk is actually COOL. throw this piece of **** away already.

----------

He's not a rapper, lol, holy **** you people are out of touch. Go back to listening to **** form the 60's.

Yeah, the Beatles should never have bothered with Sergeant Pepper, Hendrix should have never have put out Electric Ladyland, Arthur Lee should have canned Forever Changes.

They could have been so much more by just flouncing around in a video murmuring 'Yo, Britney, bitch'.

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Yeah, the Beatles should never have bothered with Sergeant Pepper, Hendrix should have never have put out Electric Ladyland, Arthur Lee should have canned Forever Changes.

They could have been so much more by just flouncing around in a video murmuring 'Yo, Britney, bitch'.

Writting Electro Pop music and even pop music is hard work. The progress of will.i.am and pop music on a while is based now on technology and computer programing.

Like i said before singer , bands and artists have to do more then just make music these days. Will.i.am is embracing the tehnology that he makes music with and seeing what else he can come up with.

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Writting Electro Pop music and even pop music is hard work. The progress of will.i.am and pop music on a while is based now on technology and computer programing.

Like i said before singer , bands and artists have to do more then just make music these days. Will.i.am is embracing the tehnology that he makes music with and seeing what else he can come up with.

Nothing wrong with that. Here's Tosin Abasi's band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc

Clearly he needs to drop the complex arrangements for 'dope beatz' and get more bitches and Bentleys in the video.

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
Yea, because if there's one thing hipsters are known for, it's wanting everyone to copy what they do.

Head over to any cafe in Brooklyn and tell me what you see... iPads and iPhones. Yea, hipsters must really hate technology.

Haven't you heard...

emo-scene-hipster-hipster-too-mainstream.jpg

----------

Vinyl sounds way better than a CD recording though, has more bass and depth to it. I've got vinyls in my collection 60+ years old Dixeland Jazz Albums etc they play perfectly. I have CD's from 1990 what have basically flaked away.

You're clearly not the target market for high quality digital recordings

----------

Hate to break it but Will I am is on the board of executives or something at Intel and he sees himself as some sort of visionary technology advisor to all tech company's!!
I've seen him interviewed and he thinks he has an answer to all of the tech worlds problems like where to take interactive television programmes, he is also pushing for an Xfactor show but for innovators of tech.

Just another clueless celeb with too much money trying to get involved in things they know very little about.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang

I don't even know what you're talking about... shows how old you are. Anyway, you're the kind of person that think Justin Bieber will be seen as "great" someday. which is impossible.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
Product placement in pop music videos is not new. The camera looks great in the video. I imagin the only reason people are not going to like it is because it is made by someone that creates popular music?

We are living in a time where it is important for pop stars to generate income from other forms of creativity.

No, people are not liking it because it is ill conceived and ugly. This guy does not need to generate income from 'other forms of creativity' as you put it he has and is still earning millions from the music industry.

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
No, people are not liking it because it is ill conceived and ugly. This guy does not need to generate income from 'other forms of creativity' as you put it he has and is still earning millions from the music industry.

So does that mean we should live in a culture that we place people in boxes and tell them to stay still? Like i said before the music he produces involves alot of the technology he wants to help create and expand. One one making millions and millions off music anymore , we have illegal downloads to thank for that.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2005
One one making millions and millions off music anymore , we have illegal downloads to thank for that.
And we have greedy record companies to thank for piracy, since they kept trying to force people to pay full-price for CDs even though anyone with half a brain could have seen that what people really wanted were affordable downloads. Piracy only became truly popular because it filled a niché that the recording industry seemed incapable of admitting existed. When they finally saw the need to get up to date music piracy trickled away in popularity; sure some people still do it, but it's never going to be possible to completely do away with it, but it's far from costing artists the millions that they'll claim.

Like anyone with too much money Will.i.am thinks he's something he's not but unfortunately he can buy his way into an industry that he knows nothing about so he can produce insanely overpriced products of little real value. For £100 you could get a far superior digital camera, which anyone serious about taking pictures should do, and for £50 you could get a really good physical keyboard for your iPhone, which anyone serious about typing should do. This is greatly preferable to spending £300 on a slightly better camera (at best, I'm not convinced there would be a discernible enough difference as any professional wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole), and a barely usable fold-out keyboard that you don't need, all so you can take a slim, stylish phone and make it bulky, vulgar and repulsive?

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
So does that mean we should live in a culture that we place people in boxes and tell them to stay still? Like i said before the music he produces involves alot of the technology he wants to help create and expand. One one making millions and millions off music anymore , we have illegal downloads to thank for that.

Not sure what your trying to say here, this guy can do whatever he wants to earn some extra cash but it doesn't change the fact that this thing is ill conceived and ugly as I said in my original comment. Also in 2012 his net worth was estimated at $75million and considering you say no one is making millions from music any more that's a pretty impressive figure. While it is true that many musicians are struggling these days 'music industry' types like this are still raking it in. This guy is deluding himself that he can design tech products and has enough money waste developing this vulgar camera keyboard thing. He is probably surrounded by an entourage of yes men that have all told how how good am idea it is which as simply added to his delusion.

Last edited:

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Not sure what your trying to say here, this guy can do whatever he wants to earn some extra cash but it doesn't change the fact that this thing is ill conceived and ugly as I said in my original comment. Also in 2012 his net worth was estimated at $75million and considering you say no one is making millions from music any more that's a pretty impressive figure. While it is true that many musicians are struggling these days 'music industry' types like this are still raking it in. This guy is deluding himself that he can design tech products and has enough money waste developing this vulgar camera keyboard thing. He is probably surrounded by an entourage of yes men that have all told how how good am idea it is which as simply added to his delusion.

I wish i was as deluded as him to get that $75 million! He earns that much cause he does open himself to more then just music.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Criticize the product all you like....I've seen the interview on Engadget and personally it's not for me...But that's not the issue. It's the personal attacks and the mentality reminiscent of a pack of hyenas tearing away at a downed antelope.....Do you really want to be part of that?

I'm quite disgusted at what I've seen in this and the other thread. There's some seriously questionable vitriol at work here and it's just coming across as a load of entitled rich white kids piling in.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but my criticism is of the products usefulness, or lack thereof, and Will.i.am's willingness to put his name on something that will likely end up in local landfills within weeks of purchase...if anyone buys it at all.

It's irresponsible of Will.i.am to put his name behind such a wasteful product especially after he's been active in pushing for things like sustainable products in past years. He has no influence over my buying decisions, but I'm sure he does with many of his fans. If people are attacking him for being a hypocrite by ego branding expensive pointless landfilling junk it's deserved.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
I wish i was as deluded as him to get that $75 million! He earns that much cause he does open himself to more then just music.

He earned the $75Million from music and other activities related to the music industry. It is clear however that he is deluding himself in the creation of this device. He isn't going to earn anything from this and it will have cost plenty to develop. That is what is so misguided here, he has lost the plot with this and it is merchandising gone mad. I don't suppose you can see the folly of this as you are probably one of the poor saps that get taken in by this sort of crap then go out and buy it, seems like that is your delusion mate. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.