Will I be able to casually walk into a ATT store on the 24th??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneySuero, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SydneySuero macrumors member

2. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Casually walk - - - No.

Casually wait- - - Yes.

3. SydneySuero thread starter macrumors member

will there be lines really? how many days would I have to wait to avoid camping or waiting?

4. ljx718 macrumors 6502

there are like 100 posts JUST like this one. you cant be serious. ima take it as sarcasm

5. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Hahaha!!! :rolleyes:

6. Ctt713 macrumors member

Depends on your city really. If you live in a tiny town you may be able to get your hands on one if you show up at or 15-30 minutes before the store opens. If you live in a city of any size forget it unless you plan to camp 24+ hours outside beforehand.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

What rock have you been sleeping under?

To answer your question, since pre-orders are being pushed to July 14th, it may be almost that long before you can casually walk into a store and guarantee that you walk out with the phone you want. Before then it will probably be hit or miss.

8. SydneySuero thread starter macrumors member

are you serious

I live in Bergen County NJ

and dont feel like camping

9. SydneySuero thread starter macrumors member

thought it was july 2nd?

10. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Have fun not having an iPhone then.

11. SydneySuero thread starter macrumors member

What would be a better idea on the 24th a ATT store or APPLE store??

and thanks for responding guys really

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You really need to spend some more time reading up on the subject. Your post was obviously premature.

Edit: Start by reading the front page headlines:
    http://www.macrumors.com/

13. omizzle macrumors regular

this

14. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

fixed.

15. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

casually walk into a line as long as big foot's dick, yeah sure.

16. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Activations are going to be nearly impossible on June 24th.

17. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I've heard a lot of reports about AT&T not getting the white iPhone. So if you want to try and go str8 to the source, go to Apple and ask where all the white iPhones are!

18. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Could you imagine the people in line behind OP that would be rolling their eyes and cursing under their breath while he holds up the line waiting to activate a new line of service, as a new customer. I don't even know if they would do that on launch day, but it would ugly if they did. :eek:

19. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Let me help anyone out who happens to live in SE Pennsylvania.

When the 3gs came out on launch day, my local AT&T store in Coventry (near Pottstown on Route 100) had about 12 people there, that's it, plenty to go around, I even had an interested co-worker call a few days after and they still had stock. Trying this store is definitely a better solution than in Philly, King of Prussia, etc.

Now an even better scenario. Just up Route 100 from the AT&T in Coventry is a brand new AT&T store in Boyertown that is about a month old. It is at the new Giant Shopping Center and telling by the traffic that makes it to Giant, hardly anyone knows it exists. Do not confuse this Giant Shopping Center with the new one in Pottstown, go up Route 100 another 6-7 miles and the "newer" Giant Shopping Center is on your right.

I personally would have done this myself but opted to order online as getting to the store on that day would require towing an 8 and 5 year old along who can't sit still to save their lives let alone wait in line.

Hope this helps someone.

troutspinner

20. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

i think the answer is this:

If you expect to walk into an Apple or AT&T store on June 24th (or shortly after) and purchase an iPhone 4 you are going to be disappointed. They are going to be very hard to come by for the next month or so. Pre-orders for the 24th sold out yesterday. Pre-orders for July 2nd sold out today.

Google. Is. Your. Friend.

21. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

don't listen to these people. there will be plenty of iphones available for walk-ins on the first day. i mean, they only sold 600K during the preorder...

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, but not for "CASUAL" walk-ins. It will require waiting in a long line.

23. stylez23 macrumors member

i hope your not planning on going anywhere in Paramus.. people will be camping there at least the night before

24. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

My thoughts exactly. Listen, 600,000 iPhone were pre-ordered yesterday, and the number is getting bigger by the second. Take into consideration what a HUGE number that is. I don't think it's wise to expect to be able to not wait, and still receive an iPhone 4, especially on launch today. My advice would be to go to the Apple store. While both dropped the ball yesterday, Apple was still taking pre-orders, and didn't cancel anyones, or pull some other stunt, like ATT did. You'll have to wait on launch day, that's pretty much a guarantee. But they will probably keep receiving stock, so you can try a few days after if the whole launch day thing isn't your scene. But in all honesty, no one knows, and no one will know :eek:

25. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

no it wont