will ipad 2 have any flaws?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nlr, Mar 6, 2011.

?

Do you think iPad 2 will have flaws?

1. Yes

52.7%
  2. No

54.5%
  1. nlr macrumors 6502

I purchased an iPhone 4 in june/july whenever it was which was the release date and from then on I regret buying things in a rush because the iPhone 4 had the antenna issue which was an issue for me.

I am now interested in buying an iPad 2 and was wondering should I risk buying on the 25th or what?

I would really appreciate if you could please tell me your opinions, thoughts and previous experiences.

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

It's an electronic device built by humans. Of course it'll have flaws.

If you're that concerned about it being "flawed", the easiest and cheapest thing to do would be to wait for others to start buying them and look at the general consensus.

3. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Superficially, it will have been tested and approved by quality control technicians at Apple, not to mentions the years of testing Apple has put into these devices. So with that, no.

However, nothing is perfect, and as such, everything is flawed, including human beings. From that point of view, it will be flawed. If it wasn't flawed, you'd have everything ever imaginable on it and there would never be another iPad update again, which is implausible, of course.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Apple doesnt have flaws, only "special features".

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not going to be perfect. There may be design flaws or there may be manufacturer flaws.

6. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

7. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I wonder if they will fix the clock sync issue.

As I understand it's been a bug that's not been fixed since day 1.
    This is an iOS issue of course.
    Why it's so hard for Apple to allow the iPad to occasionally, by it's self or at very least when synced to a computer. correct it's clock to a time sever I'll never know.

Considering the iPad, is, by it's very nature an "Online Device" you would think this would be a fundamental thing to be working.

Funny how fiddly things are worked on, and yet basic things get ignored.
    It's like fine tuning the seat cover's in a car, whilst ignoring the wheel is not held on very well.

8. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean hardware flaws which will effect the user experience.

9. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Not many but everything has flaws. Apple makes some of the best products in the world but even they can't match perfection.

10. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

11. Piggie, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Well, there are major, and fundamental flaws, but it all depends on how you view a flaw.

Once you sync your iPad to your home PC, then you can't sync it to your work PC.
    You cannot just connect a USB cable from it to any computer and copy all types of files to and fro.

Fundamental flaw.

But that's how it's been made.

12. aldo82 macrumors regular

Are you trying to suggest that if you'd waited to get an iPhone 4 it wouldn't have had the same hardware issues/non issues? The iPhone 4 on release day is just the same as the iPhone 4 today and the same will be the case for the iPad 2. It will only change on the release of iPad 3 so there is no point waiting. I am sure it will have the odd issue, but I'm pretty sure it will be a damn sight better than the competition.

13. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Nothing is flawless. There is always room for improvement. So yes, the iPad 2 will have flaws much like the iPad 3, iPad 7, iPad 10, etc.

14. iFoure macrumors member

I'm a realistic, so yes I'm sure that the iPad 2 will have it's flaws :rolleyes:

15. JohnnyQuest, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Some of these threads are so dumb lately.

Oh sorry, carry on.

16. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe the Verizon iPhone has been tweaked and the antenna has been moved, so yes if I waited it would of resolved the issue.

Note: If you think my threads are stupid, feel free not to respond to them as I don't appreciate your rude feedback.

17. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

LOL! If it appears to be a flaw, it was an intentional enhancement that Steve included.

18. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This is what warranties are for, and in my experience** Apple is very accommodating in replacing units for flaws.

**Every iPhone since the original launch day

20. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

No flash is intentional.

21. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

- Yellow screen
    - Backlight Bleeding
    - Heat Problems
    - Speaker "problems" - why would they put a speaker a the rear of the device? If I had to guess, I'd think that they pulled it out of their rear end, last minute. [See what I did there - rear; get it, get it, high five ... no - ... - I was just fixing my hair.]
    - Safari problems - RAM, even 512mb isn't enough these days.
    - Wifi problems
    - Not enough storage - yes, that's a flaw, not a problem, but a flaw.

One of these must be true - Apple can't even fix the yellow tint issue in the iMac's and it's been 2 years.

22. fishcube macrumors 6502

I havn't used flash for years and don't need it. If I do need it I can use my laptop.

23. aldo82 macrumors regular

The antenna design was adapted on the Verizon iPhone 4 to suit the CDMA network. The Verizon iPhone 4 is still the same today as it is when it was released not long ago, it has not and will not change. The gsm version of the iPhone 4 is still the same as it was when it was released, no change. So no waiting will not have gained you anything unless you waited for the Verizon iPhone which is on a different network using different technology. The iPad will not change until it's update to iPad 3

24. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502