Will iPad 2 launch make a big splash or will Tsunamis news dominate?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by M87, Mar 11, 2011.

?

Which will get more coverage, iPad 2 launch or Japanese Tsunami?

1. iPad 2

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Tsunami

55 vote(s)
    90.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M87 macrumors 65816

2. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

3. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

4. Lady Arwen macrumors member

Tsunamis should and will dominate. If you think anything else, you're too obsessed with apple.

5. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Wow, that's a pretty insensitive comment.

6. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

It's not that crazy of an idea. Apple is likely very pissed. However, I'm quite glad that Apple isn't going to quite get the media frenzy that they seem to intent on creating.

7. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I'd be annoyed if I were an Apple executive right now, but regardless, people will buy the iPad.

8. JordanTempleton macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

People are dying as we speak in a terrible fashion...... Seriously.

9. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

Let me think, a natural disaster of mind-blowing proportions or a popular electronic device's mediocre update... Um... I don't know... I can't decide...

10. M87 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I mean, some people seem to think that Apple might gave been trying to create more hype by not doing preorders and waiting until 5 to start selling.

11. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Even if Japan sunk under the waves like Atlantis, people will still buy an iPad. Nobody at Apple is going to stop selling or stop promoting tomorrow.

Give the OP a break. You'd all be annoyed if a major disaster overshadowed your product launch.

12. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

:confused:Please don't try to make light of situations such as these. People are dying, losing homes, building collapsing, tsunami warnings all over.. They are human not robots. Humans are irreplaceable, nonetheless we should be respectful.

Praying for Japan and surrounding countries as well as Hawaii. :(

13. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

sounds similar to someone announcing that they're dying of cancer on your birthday and you get mad at them. Thats the picture you're painting with your statement lol.

It's nothing short of a tragedy. I'm sure Steve Jobs and apple is more worried about the people than this launch. Any human being should be able to see that.

14. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

This just in: Tsunami is thought to be caused by the rise of a mysterious device in the middle of the pacific ocean..

Some say they have spotted the device from afar, and say it is the Xoom, while others proclaim that the Xoom is simply too laggy to complete such a task, and that this mysterious phenomena is in fact the new iPad.

Matt Sullivan reporting live, from Fox News.

15. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

wow... this thread really makes me sad. You can't be serious...

16. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

I'm not seeing why people are getting so upset over this thread. The OP asked a fairly reasonable question. He wasn't suggesting anything or flat-out saying the tsunami is less important....so relax and get some sleep people. I think you're making this a much bigger deal than it has to be.

17. 9OOYO macrumors regular

He did make a "big splash" reference that can be seen as kind of an offensive joke.

18. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Yes, I'm sure you're right about the people at Apple not thinking about how this overshadows their product launch. :rolleyes:

19. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

It doesn't matter if he said "Will the iPad have Godzilla-like sales tomorrow" it's not really a big deal. You're being too sensitive.

20. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Poor choice in the wording of this thread's title.

21. kettlecorn macrumors 6502

The episode of The Office where Steve Carrell, gets in a bitchy mood because no one wants to be happy for his bday cause Kevin might have cancer. lol
    self centered.

22. Calidude, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

You guys are way too sensitive. This is a perfectly reasonable topic.

23. SteveKnobs, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011

SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

True...that was a little crude and perhaps went too far. But I still don't think he had any malicious intentions by making this thread. I mean, he does have a good point. All the hype of the biggest product launch of the year so far is going to pushed to the wayside or completely ignored altogether. Apple can't be happy, and I truly don't think the execs care that much about anyone that is affected by the tsunami, unless they were going to be a customer today. It sounds terrible, but it's reality.

24. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Apple execs happy they have an excuse now for what's going to be a real yawner launch.

25. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

that has nothing to do with a disaster like an earthquake/tsunami. Nice try at covering up your insensitive trolling. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.