Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
As flash storage goes up and prices go down, the Nano can begin to approach the 16 and 32 gig size. This makes the Nano an attractive and small form factor iPod. I think Apple may elect to keep the existing video iPod in a 60 or 80 gig size for say $299 or $349 for those who want larger storage but the original functionality. Then they can offer the touch-screen iPhone like iPod with Music, Photo and Video, utilizing coverflow and turning over album covers to see song lists, etc, in a slightly thicker than iPhone variant with no phone like functions, no browsing, no mail for $399 or $449, probably using a flash/hdd mix.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I can totally see a touch screen iPod out of Apple. They have the patents to put together a touch screen iPod together. Sure it will still be a hard drive based iPod, but it will have a big capacity.

Yes, Apple did say the iPhone is the best iPod they've ever made and that is true, come on look how cool it is!

Whenever the apple special event is (sept oct) we will see a new iPod.

That is why the free iPod deal is going on right now so they can sell off all the iPods.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Doesn't anyone think that the next generation iPod would have to have some sort of wifi capability, maybe not a full browser, but for syncing or sharing like the zune or a small number of other players out there? Even if it is not a highly touted feature as is seems it is with the zune, I would think apple would do it just because others have it and they wouldn't want to be left behind in that respect. But then again, maybe they wouldn't want to anger people by releasing a crippled product. I don't know, but I have a $300 gift certificate that is just waiting to be in Steve's pocket. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.