Will iPhone run our of stock tommorow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iArrudaG, Jun 18, 2009.

1. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

I am planning to buy a 32GB Black iPhone 3G S tommorow and have a personal shopping appointment at the Apple store tommorow at 10:30 AM. Do you think they will still have any in stock by then or should i wait in line earlier?

I live in Toronto and the Apple store is located inside Yorkdale Shopping Centre.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I think my local AT&T store will probably sell out again.

3. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

By 10:30 AM? You think so? :eek:

4. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

i have a feeling that the iPhone 3GS is going to do better than anticipated

5. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised frankly that you got a personal shopping appointment on launch day. The Apple store in Charlotte said they were sold out meaning they expect to have no stock at all left tomorrow based on the pre-orders they've received.

I plan on getting to the mall by 6am so I can be at the Apple store at 7am when the doors open.

6. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

Believe me, im surprised too. As soon as I found out the Apple store was offering the iPhone, I booked it to the computer and made an appointment last night. :rolleyes:

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

probably, but you never know, particularly with at individual stores.

i wouldn't be surprised if they had half a million phones in their stores alone this weekend.

8. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

apple stores

will have probably more than people think. AT&T of course is limited but people are mistaking this year for last in several ways:

a) people are getting units sent to their homes
    b) Apple is sending inventory based on estimated "reservations"
    c) Most upgraders will wait and not pay an extra $200

Put it all together with this economy and you will find many Apple Stores doing fine on inventory through the first day and weekend.

No worries here in NYC. The only decision where to go. Will probably try AT&T in the neighborhood but no expectation.

9. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

No pre-orderd were allowed in Canada, this is what makes me worry. :(

10. agirton macrumors regular

????

I can tell you, I am currently waiting at my local apple store and the manager said that she was very surprised by the number of reservations they got. She said there were MANY.

11. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

With Apple and AT&T doing pre-orders I don't think so.. I do think they'll sell out over the course of the weekend, but not Friday alone.

12. Shaan macrumors member

At least in the US they didn't take any personal shopping appointments for tomorrow, I would check the date you booked it for and then call Apple to make sure you actually have an appointment tomorrow, because I would seriously doubt it.

You're already at the Apple Store!?

13. agirton macrumors regular

I agree with this, but at my local store people got turned away at the end of the day because the line was still out the mall door. Actually the line was out the mall all weekend till they ran out.

14. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

15. dagomike macrumors 65816

There's no skin in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if a many if not most reservations don't get picked up. Somehow I got a reservation while looking after the keynote and I never intended to go there, and there's no way to cancel

16. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

I already recieved a call from an apple employee from the store confirming my appointment. It's official ;)

17. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Man i hope not. I didn't bother with the whole pre order because im not some1 that HAS to have it. Granted now thats its night before I do hope I can snag one somewhere tomorrow.

QUESTION. Im lucky enough to have an ATT and Apple store by my house. If I need to go to apple, Can I use my ATT upgrade to buy it there? Im doing an upgrade swap btw.

18. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

OP, I know how you feel, it really sucks that we Canadians weren't able to preorder or reserve. Fortunately for me, I work for Rogers so was able to have my manager hold a 32GB White for me. Employees aren't allowed to purchase an iPhone until July 20th, so I'm just having my dad come with me to put it under his name for the first month lol.

19. agirton macrumors regular

Yup

Yeah, I have been first in line for all iphone launches at my store. My business partner and I have started developing apps so we plan on working through the night. I have fun hanging out and have nothing better to do. Sleep is over-rated. LOL

20. agirton macrumors regular

Yes

Yes, I am doing that at the apple store. It is your best bet, they have MUCH more stock.

21. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

You sir, are a very very lucky man. :rolleyes:

22. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Have fun with that. My apple store is inside the mall, so I don't see the point in camping outside the mall. The mall opens when it opens. I doubt the mall would appreciate campers anyways, probably see it as a security risk.

23. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

yea if you weren't one of the first 10 people to pre-order @ an AT&T store, I would say your best bet is the Apple Store. They're suppose to have thousands in stock ready to pass out like hotcakes.

24. auero macrumors 65816

You're forgetting, the original 1G iphone owners are up for an upgrade and there's LOTS of them.

25. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Oh I know! Even better is when I do come in, I get to see the faces of all the customers wanting a white 32GB thinking that it was already sold out since we are only getting 2 (1 of which is mine), and I just come in and say hey, I'll buy mine now hahahaha. They're gonna be fuming! :D