Will It Blend - The iPhone

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
AHh that hurt! :) I love these videos also. And all this makes me want to buy a blendtech to make some awesome smoothies :)

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Is it me, or did the iPHone last longer than it should have? I guess this thing really is durable.

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Actually, I guess I just wish I had nothing better to do with my money and time either...

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Brookyln
As someone who doesn't have an iPhone and desperately wants one, that really hurt to see. Couldn't he have just sent it my way instead? :D

But yeah... cool to see what happens...

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Actually, I guess I just wish I had nothing better to do with my money and time either...
It's a whole series, check out the website www.willitblend.com. He is the owner of Blendtec and is showing what they can do. Blend anything. He did an iPod awhile ago, a garden hose, lightbulbs, cell phone, camcorder...

This one made me sick though :(

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
What's the black stuff that bubbled up near the end?

And my god, what an explosion of hardware just before the 'magic smoke' was released :)

tartaruga

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2006
Florida
Sad, but still funny

You know, my father-in-law works for those guys. They're crazy, but they've got a great blender. I wonder if Apple did this test when they were trying to make the iPhone more durable.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
"iSmoke, don't breathe this!" :D

Gotta love it, especially when he brings out another one at the end.

Tofaha

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
MI
stupid..
i could have told you the iphone would blend without wasting 500 dollars.
hmm what could he do with 500 dollars...
for 17 bucks he can immunize kids for 6 diseases (UNICF)

$17x29(kids)=500

save 29 kids...or blend an iphone.
:mad:

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
Is it me, or did the iPHone last longer than it should have? I guess this thing really is durable.
I was thinking the same thing - it took quite a few hits from that thing and then the black part came off and it took quite a few more. I mean look how long the screen stayed lit...

stupid..

$17x29(kids)=500

Speaking of wasting money. Hmm, spend time watching the video, buying a computer on which to comment on MR, spending time looking up the UNICF cost of immunization = a lot more than $500.

I'm just saying...

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Surely the "smoke" would release particles into the air which he couldn't stop himself from breathing in?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Haha, that's funny, I found this on YouTube today too and though it was pretty funny. I watched the other ones too...interesting to see how powerful that thing is!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Surely the "smoke" would release particles into the air which he couldn't stop himself from breathing in?
Watching it again, I realize I've seen that smoke before. It's from the Lost TV show! :eek:

It's probably there to make him face the truth about his unforgivable abuse of that poor iPhone.

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
stupid..

$17x29(kids)=500

OR spend $500 on an iPhone to advertise your blender ... Create more product awareness ... sell more blenders ... make more than $500 in profits ... use that greater amount of money in charitable causes.

Of course, that is pure speculation. I have no idea if the company is charitable or not. But I could also speculate that the company creates more jobs or increases the strength of the economy (partly fueled by this marketing). And as a result, people have more money and therefore do more good with it.

I certainly think charity is very important, and everyone should do their part. In fact, most people could do a lot more. But to point the finger at something like this is a bit misguided.

TheNumberOneFan

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
im also fairly impressed when it goes into slow motion how long the iPhone put up a pretty decent battle!

I'll still baby mine, though