Will mountain lion speed up my computer?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dantheman5398, Jul 11, 2013.

1. dantheman5398 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have a 2010 white macbook with an upgraded 8gb of ram. The computer unfortunately really leggy and freezes at least 2 times a day. It still runs snow leapord and I was wondering if I upgraded to mountain lion would it speed up my computer. I realize an sad would be good but I do not have that kind of money currently. Thanks a lot guys for your help.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It would be an upgrade like the one going from Tiger to Leopard. Not much speed, but features yes.

3. dantheman5398 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it would at least make my computer more stable? For example usually once a day or so wifi will randomly turn off then refuse to turn back on until I restart it. Also often when I open my laptop the screen will remain black untill I shut it down and turn it back on. Will ML possibly fix any of these things?

4. madmacfan macrumors 6502

It more than likely will solve those issues as I had exactly the same issues as you are currently displaying when I was on SL and Upgrading to ML fixed those for me. I have the same mid 2010 White Macbook running mountain lion with 8gb ram and it is very stable and responsive for me at least compared to SL.