Will my iPhone 6s work abroad if it gets blacklisted?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GabRRodrigues, Apr 21, 2016.

1. GabRRodrigues macrumors newbie

Hello,

I lived in the US for 4 years, but due to financial problems I had to go back to my home country (Brazil). I have an iPhone 6s I bought on Verizon in their monthly instalments plan, and so far I've been paying the instalments regularly; the phone works fine with a Brazilian SIM card. Unfortunately, my dad had a stroke a month ago and lost his job, and my family doesn't have enough money to pay the remaining balance ($500). So, what happens now? Could Verizon somehow block my phone remotely, making it useless? Will I still be able to use it in Brazil? Thanks in advance.

2. 617aircav Suspended

Enjoy your phone in Brazil.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Technically, if it gets blacklisted US carriers are supposed to share that in a global database, and conversely if blacklisted outside the US.

In reality, it rarely works that way. Which is why 617aircav told you to enjoy your phone in Brazil.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Funny story. A friend of mine bought a used UK blackberry in Nigeria. A year later he went to London on vacation and tried to activate it on vadaphone but could not. It was blacklisted. Lol.