Will new 2016 Macbook Pro Retina have full aluminum hinge?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aznboi91, Aug 30, 2015.

?

Will new 2016 Macbook Pro Retina have full aluminum hinge?

1. Yes

47.6%
  2. No

52.4%
  1. aznboi91, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

aznboi91 macrumors regular

Will new 2016 Macbook Pro Retina have full aluminum hinge similar to the Macbook?

Also, I'm concerned about butterfly keyboards which don't I feel aren't as good as the conventional ones right now.

EDIT

For those who need more clarification ... I'm talking about....

[​IMG]

This was the similar problem I've been facing with my current macbook pro which really annoys me when little bits fall off.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-cracking-in-non-retina-macbook-pros.1405853/

2. brand, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015

brand macrumors 601

brand

Its ludicrous that you would think that anyone here would even remotely know the answer to that?

3. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I hope and pray that they don't use the same type of keyboards that they used on the new Macbook. That would be disastrous, truly.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Does the full aluminum hinge offer some benefit over the current design?

I can agree with this. I don't like the rMB keyboard.

5. vbedia macrumors regular

I suppose we agree to disagree; I would really like to see the new keyboard layout on the new MacBook Pro. I have tried and I really like it. I like the big caps.

6. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

Because the black part of the plastic back is can chip off at the edges. If it was aluminium hinge, it wouldn't chip.

7. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

The keyboard is way too flat to feel anything... Feels like one of those old button phones from back then....

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I quite like the retina MacBook keyboard from playing with it at the Apple Store. They are much larger and although travel is a lot less, it's pretty easy to type on. I wouldn't at all be against it being brought to the MBP.

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

Except the Wi-Fi and bluetooth antennas reside there. Blocked signal much?

The bezel is plastic for the same reasons the iPhone's casing has a few plastics strips in the back. Gotta let those radio waves in and out somehow.

10. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

No chip off after 4 years of usage. Moreover, you can easily scratch a aluminum.

11. Ries macrumors 68000

No, but the 2015 model maybe will.

12. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Explain the MacBook then.

13. snaky69 macrumors 603

Look at it again. The bezel is plastic on the inside at the hinge.

[​IMG]

14. aznboi91, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm actually referring to the back of the hinge. This is more of my main concern.

[​IMG]

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've tried it myself a few times in the Apple store. To be honest I didn't like it at all. I already find it a bit difficult typing on the regular MacBook Pro keyboard as it is. I'm really hoping when the MacBooks get refreshed they don't introduce the new keyboard.

16. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your wording said "full aluminum hinge", now it makes a lot more sense.

I guess it could happen, but I doubt it.

17. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

Apologies, I didn't know what that part is called.

18. snaky69 macrumors 603

No, the word is correct, that is the hinge.

Except full aluminum would mean ALL of it is aluminum( front and back). That just cannot happen as there would be nowhere to put the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antennas.

So whoever answered yes in your poll didn't quite think his/her answer through.

19. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No one knows, we have no idea wether it will be a redesign or a just a spec update and we have no idea whether a redesign will include a redesigned hinge or not.

20. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody knows... but from what Apple does in the past. Can we make a closer prediction to how they borrow ideas from other product lines to be used in the current one?

21. joscejrod macrumors 6502

joscejrod

I hope a big YES! Actual bezels of MPP are awful and get dirty easily. For me, is the weakest point of the MBP design.

22. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

We really can't, everyone expected a retina macbook air, we got the retina macbook. Everyone is seemingly expecting a redesign for skylake, I personally don't see it coming until canonlake but I could well be wrong. There was no reason not to put force toucn in the air but they didn't.... They could have waited 3 weeks and done a broadwell 15 inch pro they didn't they went with haswell and swapped to AMD. As you can see the guessing game is entirely pointless...

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, I can see apple doing this, and making the MBP even thinner or something. They spent a lot of time and energy developing this keyboard so I can see them using it in other products.

for all intents and purposes we did get an updated MBA, its just that apple decided for some crazy reason to create a third computer line (and re-using a now defunct computer line name). Just look at the computer it looks more like an MBA then any other product that apple has.

24. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

By the way, the front black plastic peice is called the clutch cover. I know this because when I owed a 2009 17" MacBook Pro it cracked and was replaced under AppleCare warranty.

25. joscejrod macrumors 6502

joscejrod

Yes, there was a reason. MBA is going to be out of the game as soon as rMB prices come down...